Infinitism

by dunsscot 31 Replies latest jw friends

• voltaire
    voltaire

The idea that all conclusions are provisional is a working assumption in science. While we often say that it's a "fact" that the earth revolves around the sun, a scientist would say that it's really only a "theory". Of course, it's a theory that happens to have a great deal of experimental support, but it could be proven to be incorrect or (more likely) incomplete, in the future. Ideas that seemed to be just as well established have been overturned in the past. Hubble's discovery that the universe is expanding was probably about on a par with finding out that the earth doesn't revolve around the sun after all.

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

IN ACCORDATUM CON "Voltaire"

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    I was not lying, scum. I explained why I prolonged my stay.

Beg pardon, m'Lud! (tugs forelock) Would you be so kind as to point me in the direction of that revelation? This false religionist has been a little slack in keeping up with his Papal Bulls, I'm afraid...

• dunsscot
    dunsscot

:Beg pardon, m'Lud! (tugs forelock) Would you be so kind as to point me in the direction of that revelation? This false religionist has been a little slack in keeping up with his Papal Bulls, I'm afraid...:

I will do ye one better, me wishup, I will speak ex cathedra at this very moment, 'kay.

Pope Scotus wanted to leave this DB last Friday, but a certain AF detained him with his ultra long submissions. On top of that, AF questioned me ability to speak Church La'tin. The Pope then had to respond to those weeeaked charges. So his Majesty will be leavin' any day now as he finishes his business here. Stay tuned for further papal declarations.

Dan

PS Are you suffering from narcissistic personality disorder?

Duns the Scot

"Nobody is taller than himself or herself."

• heathen
    heathen

If bullshit were art we are talking piccasso here.

=:O

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    PS Are you suffering from narcissistic personality disorder?

Nope. Cyclothymic Disorder. Get a disability pension for it and all...

If bullshit were art we are talking piccasso here.

LOL

If you're going to bullshit, you might as well do it well! You might say I'm a perfectionist in that regard.

• dunsscot
    dunsscot

:Nope. Cyclothymic Disorder. Get a disability pension for it and all...:

You have my sympathies. Roma locuta, causa finita.

Pope Scot

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    Roma locuta, causa finita.

Meaning? (At no time have I claimed to have any ability in Latin)

• dunsscot
    dunsscot

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Roma locuta, causa finita.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:Meaning? (At no time have I claimed to have any ability in Latin):

This is a common theological saying. We could translate it thusly: "Rome has spoken, case closed!"

Pope Scotus

In vino veritas

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Not to me it ain't - I ain't never bin no Roman Catholic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit