New Field Service Method Announced

by roybatty 30 Replies latest jw friends

• roybatty
    roybatty

Hey, it was in the Weekly World News so it has to be true.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Ya think?

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

It reminds me of when they used to have the vans with big loudspeakers attached to the top, and they would drive around blaring Rutherford's lectures "Advertise, Advertise, Advertise the King and his Kingdom"

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Surely even they aren't that crazy......are they?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Surely even they aren't that crazy......are they?

Back in the Russel / Ruthorford days they drove around in trucks with bull-horns blasting.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

It's unfortunate that things have had to resort to this. But as JH so kindly brought to our attention yesterday this is to reach all the people who have signs on their doors telling the dubbies to rack off...

How else are they going to reach every person in every nation on earth before armaggeddon... Its very close now you know!

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

For some reason, (like I'm computer stupid) I can't get it large enough to read. What's the highlight? Thanks-

shelley

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Yeah, and I've got a shotgun that says "I'm not interested."

W

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

My grandmother, who's 93, told me that years ago when someone said they weren't interested, the JW would put their foot in the door to keep them from closing it and make the HH listen to their presentation.

There'd be a lot of dead JWs on porches if they still did that today.

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

I couldn't find the article on their website - though they have an interesting one about the USPS wanting to cut costs by enlisting JWs to deliver the mail!

Since I'm down and in need of a distraction, I decided to try and type up what I could make out of the article:

Weary from pounding the pavement for hours a day only to have homeowners shut the door in their faces or not answer at all, Jehovah's Witnesses will start [toting?] bullhorns to ensure their message is heard. Kingdom Halls across the U.S. rejoiced at the directive issued by leading Witness elders last week.

"We look at the bullhorns as an emergency tool needed to spread the word of the Lord," said [18?]-year-old Ronald [...] "Maybe the residents didn't hear the door knock because they were in the bathroom or working in the basement."

Several sociologists fear these extreme actions by the Jehovah's Witnesses may prompt other institutions and groups to resort to similar methods. "We may see the Brittannica salesman or Avon lady utilizing a handheld microphone in the near future," says Dr. Clarence [...]

"I don't plan to use them," said door-to-door salesman [...] Jones. "[...] something people want, there's no need for [noise?]"

Jones sells earplugs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit