New LDC Meeting KH Video

by wifibandit 77 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

... And I think they may be doing some smoke and mirrors with the statistics since they say things like, "4 to 6 congregations meeting in one hall," when it's a double auditorium KH.

I've attended a hall where there were 4 congregations meeting in 1 KH. It was a single auditorium which could hold something like 125 easily. There were 2 English congregations, each about 70 publishers (with attendance in the 60s), a Spanish of about 30 (attendance in the 60s), and a Korean of about 20 (attendance about 20). Only parking was much of an issue.

Just an observation, I think that the more the KH issues are moved away from the local level up to higher levels of the organization, maintenance will be neglected and become run-down.

• campaign of hate
    campaign of hate

I'm sorry, but when did people care about overcrowding?

Growing up, it was usually a good thing when there wasn't any seats left at the meeting, and some had to stand. It was more bragging rights for that particular cong, and in a weird way everyone felt "upbuilt"....

I honestly don't know what to make of it all. KH construction in the western world should be a non issue.

Why would the rank and file complain about overcrowding when, probably 90% (estimate), live in boxy accommodation due to the WT policies of no college education etc. Doesn't make any sense.

Why are the WT being so hostile and bullish with their approach, and pretty much ordering elders not to say ANYTHING negative.

It is obviously about money, but why?

GB do not directly benefit in a monetary way. FACT. Although they DO live a cushy lifestyle, you can not quantify it by money. It is not theirs.

People say lawyers and PR people benefit. Yes, they probably do, but they will be on a WAGE, like they would be earning working for any other cooperate company.

Wheres all the money going? What are they going to do with old buildings? What is the point of it all?

So many questions that only people at the very top would know.

It's about time for another high level defector, it's can only be a matter of time.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I'm still wondering why now after over 100 years of using different facilities for congregating together and sooo deep into this system of things the WT is starting up with this new design strategy for building new Kingdom Halls. This new program for building Kingdom Halls should have been implemented decades and decades ago! 

Many speakers in this video admit that one reason for this new program is because the general public is turned-off by the present box style buildings with no windows.  They confess that these current floor plans discourage newly interested ones from visiting.  Further they admit that the present style of Kingdom Halls do not have that 'welcoming' effect on visitors.

Clearly, up to now, the Holy Spirit has not been directing the WTBTS as the GB and their Great Crowd have claimed!

Makes one wonder how many of the over 100,000 elders in the U.S. are beginning to have doubts!

• never a jw
    never a jw

My take is that the new plan is a win-win no matter what happens.

New look helps growth ( I doubt it) and therefore more revenue from the extra publisher. This adds few more years to the life of WT scheme, or

People see the scam for what it is and leave in droves. This opens the opportunity to sell empty KH who now are more commercial and can attract more buyers, which in turn can boost the selling prices. Money disappears.

• pixel
    pixel

the general public is turned-off by the present box style buildings with no windows.  They confess that these current floor plans discourage newly interested ones from visiting.  Further they admit that the present style of Kingdom Halls do not have that 'welcoming' effect on visitors.

In their thinking, the building is more important than the message. What they don't admit is that their message inside the building, no matter what building, sucks!

• antes8080
    antes8080
    after watching some of the video am looking foward to see the WT on episode of American Greed..
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

The General Public is turned off by the Building? Ha

Hello JW's...maybe it has something to do with the Internet and all the Truths about the Truth you find when you Google Jehovahs Witnesses!  

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Folks, all the "reasons" given for this new Master Plan for Kingdom Halls is Bullsh!t!  Like Billy says, "smoke & mirrors"..

This is a blatant infomercial is to "sell the sizzle".  It's all marketing. 

This is a Master Plan for long-term profits.  It's all about the $$$.

Doc

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

I don't know if this was touch on before, but doesn't The Society increase its liability with their business plan? They want to have complete ownership of all Kingdom Halls, leave a minimal bank balance in local congregations, provide direct communication broadcast via broadband, and make all expansion decisions.

These decisions, along with their continual talks given by the Governing Body, provides evidence that The Society does not allow the congregation autonomous decision making even in local matters. A lawyer when seeking damages goes after the deepest pockets, and these broadcast, especially this one is damning evidence at the amount of control The Watchtower Inc., has over its Elders and members.

• Simon
    Simon

If you compare the LDS / Mormon churches with JW Kingdom Halls the KHs have a tendency to look cheap and amateurish. Often they are repurposed buildings, all radically different styles and not recognizable other than by the signage. At one time this quirky, underdog image was a part of their "sell" and appeal but people now seem more impressed with obvious success than 'cobbled-together'.

Mormon churches all tend to look very similar and much more professional / upscale - it's part of their brand image. If you drive through a small town here in Alberta you know a Mormon church when you see it without ever having to see the sign.

I think the desire to have more consistency in their buildings is all part of the WT being more brand and image aware and wanting to look consistent and more cohesive.

Remember, Mormons are probably their main competition and have been more successful so they are starting to copy some of their techniques more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit