New LDC Meeting KH Video

by wifibandit 77 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gentledawn
    Gentledawn

When they start giving KH attendance stats around the 8 minute mark, they don't actually discuss wear and tear of any given buildings. They only proclaim numbers of congregations in attendance in each hall and that 4 and 5 congs attending the same hall means a dire need.

First thing that popped to mind? The board game, "monopoly". The more buildings you have, the more properties you own-- especially ones where more people are likely to land-- the more money you will make. 

How many people sharing a hall snap their respective wallets shut when there are 4 other congregations to help spread out the payment load?

Honestly, the real estate scams that happened in Spain and Guadalajara, and the closures of BRANCHES in Ireland, New Zealand, and Norway, should be announced right along with the rest of the blather regarding "growth" in any of their one-sided diatribes given from any podium during these spiels.

Guadalajara (mentions Spain's debacle on page 3, including how locals paid for everything themselves with no help from Crooklyn, but when building and equipment were sold, all monies funneled to Brooklyn, NY, USA headquarters and benefited no one and nothing locally in Spain):
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/278950/misappropriation-funds-project-assembly-hall-guadalajara?size=20&page=1

Branch closure: New Zealand (there arementions of Ireland and Norway branches, too):
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/227870/sale-branch-hq-new-zealand?page=1&size=20

The watchtower leadership are pressing all the wrong buttons with these wacky-ass building ideas (charging 7k to 17k for one or two day assembly hall day meetings, justified through a ghost "deficit"; smash and grab all funds held at local level; etc.). They are waking people up with this BS.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    I dont think its always reconized the stress that those who share these things face. There is always a little worry about being caught and outted, no matter how careful you are. Much love and appreciated to pixel for sharing!
  • cappytan
    cappytan
    So VideoDownloader extension on Firefox won't grab these raw? You have to use QT screencast?
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

"... we have to make allowance for their [GB Member's] frustration as well ..."

Why? They don't make any for ours!

Hey, if they can't take the heat, get the hell out of the kitchen!

• Simon
    Simon

Good job! :thumbsup:

It's great when everyone can see that the special talks are not very special at all.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

@ 16:47" - " ... forecasted growth ...."

Interesting. So the WTBTS is now in the business of making "forecasts."

Isn't that tantamount to "consulting with mediums"?

Silly accusations of "biblical" impropriety aside, this simply looked like a real-estate conglomerate's business plan presentation, albeit a fairly sophisticated one.

Also interesting is that they openly admit that they are building commercial buildings.

@ 1:10:46" - Seriously?!? Canned applause! WTF!!!

@ 1:14:27-44 - Self Service Literature: The KH is now essentially a large scale "Witnessing Cart." When do the KHs get their own song?

@ 1:54:32 - Construction Servants complete form A-32 - now doesn't that sound just like something Jesus would have said?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Their strategy is 5,000 new Kingdom Halls and 7,500 remodels in FIVE YEARS.

That's right, even though The End of the System of Things is very, very close -- imminent -- they are commencing on a FIVE YEAR BUILDING PLAN.

2,000 "Bethelite" staff members for this building plan stationed in 8 locations across the US that all have to be supported -- housing, meals, laundry, etc.  But the local R&F brothers get this privilege. (Get to pick up the expen$e$.)

They are jumping in with both feet.  They are obviously convinced that they can make money doing this that they are willing to endure any negative fallout and already devising a strategy to squash negative murmuring before it starts.  I suspect the financing of all this will be just like the Assembly Hall arrangement.  $$xx.xx per publisher that will basically be the minimum mandatory "donation" from the Congs that use the building.

Our former Kingdom Hall has a  Hall 7 miles north of it and another 7 miles south of it. All 3 buildings are only used by 1 Cong.  I can easily see all 3 being sold and replaced with 1 new commercial KHall for all 3 Congs to share. Of course, the proceeds of the sales of all 3 goes straight to "Mother", but the local Congs will be expected to pay their mandatory "donation" forever for the new Hall.

Doc

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I think most of the this initiative comes disguised to eventually make every Kingdom Hall and property exclusively owned by the WTS. and not separately owned by select trusties of those Kingdom Halls or congregations.  If this has already been done, excuse my ignorance on the matter.

Having every Kingdom Hall look all the same would essentially create an perceived notion that the property was owned by the WTS. or it theoretically should be.     

• freein2004
    freein2004

HOw exactly is this going to speed up the work? Can't these People just meet in somebody's home? Remember the book study arrangement? Did Jesus or Jehovah command jdubs to build kingdom halls or assembly halls?

The brand new Norco, CA assembly hall has a JW museum in it now. I think it's called "Christian History Museum" What a freakin joke!!!!

Didn't he say something like wherever 2/3 meet in my name there I'll be? Forgot the actual text.

I remember as a small kid my parents would have me sit thru the meetings/assemblies and have me mark on my not notepad a line for every time I heard the name Jehovah or Jesus. I so wish I had the time to sit here and listen to all of this and count every time I heard the phrase "The Organization"

Did someone say CULT!!!!

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    The remodeled assembly hall in crownsville md also has several displays of historical jw crap

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit