How Do You Feel It Should Be Handled?

by Kismet 42 Replies latest jw friends

• spike
    spike

These are good questions. Why not turn all the cases over to the proper secular authorities. The congregation should make it known to all about the convicted pedophile when the laws say he is a sex offender. He should have no privileges from the time he is accused to being one. I don't believe in D'Fing but who is going to hang with a sex offender? The elders and the congregation should be responsible for the medical treatment and psych bills for the victim. They have enough money to send to the Society , they can start taking care of their children.

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

Tina:

The only "opinion" I expressed was that The Borg needs to improve its policy/prodecures re pedofiles. If you think they don't need to improve, then that's fine.

If you are stupid enough to think that anyone here has any ability whatsover to change the US Constitution or centuries-old English Common Law, then, as you have aptly demostrated, you are totally CLUELESS!!!

• Maximus
    Maximus

From the 1997 Watchtower quotation above, significant material that was not put in bold text. Not a criticism, just wanted its import not to be lost. This is about someone who may even have served a prison sentence for his crime:

<If he seems to be repentant, he will be encouraged to make spiritual progress, share in the field service, even have parts in the Theocratic Ministry School and nonteaching parts in the Service Meeting.>

SEEMS to be repentant ... he can go in field service! From door to door?

Make anyone go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Isn't this the point Silentlambs has been making over and over?

COULD a pedophile be at your door? Under Society blessing?

Max
    *** w97 1/1 27-9 Let Us Abhor What Is Wicked ***

• Tina
    Tina

Edited to preserve the integrity of this thread-Tina

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

Go eat a box of Midol, and go to bed.

• mommy
    mommy

Great topic Kismet!
    I feel that all cases should be handled over to proper qualified authorities. Honestly, who cares if he/she is repentant or not. The person committed a crime punishable by law! So the law should deal with him/her.

Also I feel an announcement should be made. We are talking about a person who is molesting children, walking around a crowded hall, trapped in a small car during field service with children up to 5 days a week! If we are to protect ourselves, we should be armed.

As far as removing them from the congregation, well I never really agreed with the whole Judicial meeting thing anyway. But as I said above, it is in the best intrest of the parents of the congo to be made aware of the actions.
    wendy

In a controversy the instant we feel anger, we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

• Kismet
    Kismet

MadApostate & Tina:

If this is going to turn into a flame war I would respectfully ask that it be taken up elsewhere.

This thread is very important to me and I don't want to see it veer off.

Thank you for understanding.

Kismet

• Tina
    Tina

Hi Kis,
    I understand,hence my reply to mad that I would ignore further insults.My apologies for disrupting the tone of the thread. I would have taken it to mail,but not possible.sincerely,T

• Tina
    Tina

Greetings maximus,
    The quote regarding repentance and field service raised a major red flag here as well. That tied in with my point of 'public peril'.regards,Tina

• Kismet
    Kismet

Tina:

Thank you very much. I appreciate your grace and handling of this..I sincerely hope MadApostate will follow your lead.

Thanks again.

Kismet

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit