2005 New Release - What Does The Bible Really Teach?

by ezekiel3 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

All the details you want to know:

The new book released at 2005 District Conventions is What Does The Bible Really Teach?, a 224 page soft-cover book of basic JW doctrine.

bh-E cover

The book is designed to fit in between the Require brochure and the Knowledge book to complete the JW indoctrination program. Require is the light version "doorstep study" teaser and Knowledge omits many basic doctrinal teachings.

Don't expect any groundbreaking info within. It's all still pablum, on par with all the WTS publications for the last few years. Here's an excerpt from the opening chapter (page 8, 9):

CHAPTER ONE

What Is the Truth About God?

Does God really care about you?

What is God like? Does he have a name?

Is it possible to get close to God?

HAVE you ever noticed the way children ask questions? Many start asking as soon as they learn to speak. With wide, eager eyes, they look up at you and ask such things as: Why is the sky blue? What are the stars made of? Who taught the birds to sing? You may try hard to answer, but it is not always easy. Even your best answer may lead to yet another question: Why?

2 Children are not the only ones who ask questions. As we grow up, we keep asking. We do this in order to find our way, to learn of dangers that we need to avoid, or to satisfy our curiosity. But many people seem to stop asking questions, especially the most important ones. At least, they stop searching for the answers.

3 Think about the question on the cover of this book, the questions raised in the preface, or those at the beginning of this chapter. These are some of the most important questions you can ask. Yet, many people have given up trying to find the answers. Why? Does the Bible have the answers? Some feel that its answers are too hard to understand. Others worry that asking questions could lead to shame or embarrassment. And some decide that such questions are best left to religious leaders and teachers. What about you?

4 Very likely you are interested in getting answers to life's big questions. No doubt you sometimes wonder: 'What is the purpose of life? Is this life all there is? What is God really like?' It is good to ask such questions, and it is important that you do not give up until you find satisfying, reliable answers. The famous teacher Jesus Christ said: "Keep on asking, and it will be given you; keep on seeking, and you will find; keep on knocking, and it will be opened to you."-Matthew 7:7.

5 If you "keep on seeking" for answers to the important questions, you will find that the search can be very rewarding. (Proverbs 2:1-5) Despite what other people may have told you, there are answers, and you can find them--in the Bible. The answers are not too hard to understand. Better yet, they bring hope and joy. And they can help you to live a satisfying life right now. To begin, let us consider a question that has troubled many people.

[Questions]

1, 2. Why is it often good to ask questions?

• minimus
    minimus

My mom called the book "baby food" too.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    HAVE you ever noticed the way children ask questions?

Yeah, especially when they write shitty books.

• el jarocho mayor
    el jarocho mayor

The book just looks so unappealing. It should be titled; What Does the WTS Really Teach About the Bible?

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Don't expect any groundbreaking info within. It's all still pablum, on par with all the WTS publications for the last few years.

My mom called the book "baby food" too.

Of course it's baby food. They haven't been able to recruit another good science fiction writer since Fred Franz died.

HappyDad

• blondie
    blondie

Wasn't the Require brochure supposed to cover the basic doctrines?

So now the WTS has gone from one book to be studied in 6 months in 1968 to 2 books, Paradise and Worship books, to one book the Knowledge book, to one book Knowledge and 1 brochure Require, to 1 brochure, and 2 books

w68 11/1 p. 668 What Did You Get Out of Your "Good News" Assembly? ***

The

Watchtower, February 15, 1968, in announcing these assemblies had stated: "On Friday something is planned that will not only delight you but also no doubt surprise you, for it will have considerable influence on the work that we will be doing during the years to come." The "surprise" included more than the new book. It also involved a six-month Bible-study program! Because of the way the new book involves the student at every turn, it will doubtless make him want to take some action by the time he has completed it, which should be in about six months. No more are such studies to run on year after year without the student’s acting upon the knowledge he gains!

km 3/70 p. 4 Presenting the Good News—Become ‘Intensely Occupied with the Word’ ***

A little over a year ago we were introduced to the six-month home Bible-study program. We immediately grasped that this would be an additional effective method to help get the work done in the short time remaining.

km 12/90 p. 7 Question Box

Why is it important to finish studying two books thoroughly with new disciples even if they get baptized before the second book is finished?

Jehovah is blessing his organization with an influx of new ones who are flocking to the congregations. We rejoice to see this great ingathering. However, we appreciate that these sheeplike people need continuing assistance and direction in learning to serve Jehovah.

New ones need help to come to an accurate knowledge of the truth. (Col. 1:9, 10) We have the privilege to aid them in gaining a good understanding of basic doctrines of the Bible and a good grasp of what the Bible teaches concerning moral standards, Christian living, and related matters. This will help them to be firmly established in the truth so as to overcome whatever tests may lie ahead.

Students also need to become full-grown in their powers of understanding. (1 Cor. 14:20) Experience has shown that to achieve the stature of a spiritually full-grown man, a personal Bible study with a teacher is helpful. Thus, even though a person may get baptized before completing his study of two books, wisdom dictates that his home Bible study should continue until he has completed the study of both books.

km 10/96 p. 7 Question Box ***

Jehovah is blessing his organization today. We see evidence of this each year as thousands of new ones take a stand for the truth. The Knowledge book is proving to be an effective tool in accomplishing this. The January 15, 1996, issue of The Watchtower pointed out that this book is designed to help a Bible student make spiritual progress rather quickly, perhaps to the point of baptism within a few months.

For this reason, the same Watchtower, page 17, advised: "After an individual has completed his Bible study in the Knowledge book and has been baptized, it may not be necessary to conduct a formal study with him in a second book."

km 7/99 p. 2 Question Box

· What publications should we study with new ones prior to their baptism?

Before a person can dedicate his life to Jehovah and get baptized, he must take in accurate knowledge. (John 17:3) He will obtain the information he needs by studying both the brochure What Does God Require of Us? and the book Knowledge That Leads to Everlasting Life. In most cases the Require brochure will be studied first. However, if the study was started in the Knowledge book, the Require brochure should be studied after the book is completed. Why is this necessary?

The Require brochure provides an overview of the basic teachings of the Bible. If studied first, it will give the student a fundamental understanding of the requirements for pleasing Jehovah. If studied last, it will serve as a fine review of what was covered in the Knowledge book. In either case, encourage the student to look up the supporting scriptures and to meditate on them. Be sure to highlight the pictures, as they are very effective teaching aids.—See the January 15, 1997, Watchtower, pages 16-17.

Once a Bible student has completed a study of both publications, he may be able to answer all the questions that the elders will review with him in preparation for baptism. If so, it may not be necessary to conduct a formal study with him in any other publication, though the conductor should continue to take an active interest in his progress.—See the January 15, 1996, Watchtower, pages 14, 17.

km 6/00 p. 4 "How Could I . . . Unless Someone Guided Me?" ***

Satisfy

the Bible Student’s Spiritual Needs: If it is evident that a person is making progress, although slowly, and that he is developing appreciation for what he is learning, then continue the Bible study in a second book after the Require brochure and the Knowledge book are completed. This may not be necessary in every case, but when it is needed, continue the study in the True Peace book, the United in Worship book, or the God’s Word book.

(ends here due to the fact I only have a 2001 CD at work)

• Gopher
    Gopher

This new book is to serious study - as - dot-to-dot drawings are to serious art.

Why is it often good to ask questions?

The word "often" implies that sometimes it ISN'T good to ask questions. For example, when Jehovah's organization states something is the truth, you'd better not ask questions. Or else you're in trouble with Jehovah himself!

Why do many stop trying to find answers to the questions that matter most?

Because any time they ask, they keep getting goofy answers from people like the Watch Tower Society. For example, I was told as a youth that I would not grow up old in this world, and therefore a "worldly" education would do me no good. I was told that God was about to wipe out this old world. I was lied to, by teachers whom I trusted at an early age. They misled me about some things that mattered a lot. I would never turn to them for any answers now, and haven't for a long time.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

What Does The Bible Really Teach?

To stay spiritually clear of people like the wtbts

you will look on the destruction of the wicked

• Honesty
    Honesty

2005 New Release - What Does The Bible Really Teach?
    It doesn't teach what the WatchTower Society teaches. As a matter of fact the WTBTS teaches what is totally opposite what the bible teaches. They even admit it in their own publications.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

What scripture is the Bible on the cover open to? I hope its ironic....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit