Stupid Analogies/Illustrations/examples you hear dubs say over and over

by doodle-v 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Shania
    Shania

IF YOU DATE A WORLDLY PERSON, YOU ARE KISSING A CORPSE.

• Shania
    Shania

CO SAID: IF YOU ARE DATING A WORLDLY PERSON, YOU ARE KISSING A DEAD CORPSE.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Remember that stupid little woobler bird that is only 3/4 oz or something and migrates around the world every friday and has a map/gps in it's brain? If I see one I'm going to step on it I'm so sick of hearing about it.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

The Issue of "Universal Soveignty" What will happen if you disobey Jehovah, you will loose and he will win because he is almighty.

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

Don't forget your "sword" the Bible and your "spiritual suit of armor!"

-Doodle-V

• carla
    carla

"Kissing a dead corpse"? what other kind is there? Oh, yea, me, a 'walking corpse" right? If I have to hear from husband one more time how -'at least we admit mistakes, those other religions just keep teaching the same thing they have always taught for hundreds of years'. Well, no sh** sherlock! Maybe cause the Bible doesn't change only mens interpretations? sheesh. carla

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    IF YOU ARE DATING A WORLDLY PERSON, YOU ARE KISSING A DEAD CORPSE.

Where in the bible is necrophilia condemned?! Is this another one of the WTS' unwritten rules? :P

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    Blood Transfustions: "The bible says Abstain from Blood, if the bible said Abstain from alchohol, would you shoot alchohol into your veins?"

The Bible doesn't say abstain from alcohol, and you still shouldn't shoot it into your veins. Much like blood, the way the body handles it is very different when you drink it than when you inject it.

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

The one my wife hears OVER AND OVER AND OVER is how Mr. Schmuck-a-tellie didn't want to be a dub when sister schmuck-a-telli got baptized.

In fact he did everything for years and years to prove the jw was wrong. Then in the course of doing all that research, he realized that everything they were saying was true.

(HIT OVER THE HEAD WITH THE IMPLIED CONCLUSION)

So what I am doing is normal, but a big waste of time because everyone has doubts but if they keep searching it becomes so obvious that this is the truth. Resistance is futile.

• blondie
    blondie

*** ct chap. 9 pp. 156-157 A Great Teacher Shows Us the Creator More Clearly ***

Suppose you had a computer but one of its electronic files was corrupted by an error (or virus) that someone had planted in an otherwise perfect program. That illustrates the effect of what Adam did when he deliberately disobeyed God, or sinned. Let us continue the illustration. Whatever copies you might make of the corrupted electronic file would be affected. However, all need not be lost. With a special program, you could detect and purge the corrupting error from your files and computer. Comparably, mankind has received a "virus," sin, from Adam and Eve, and we need outside help to wipe it out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit