Daniel's Prophecy, 605 BCE or 624 BCE?

by Little Bo Peep 763 Replies latest watchtower bible

• scholar
    scholar

Leolaia

O. smart One! I have not a clue what you are talking about when you claim to be using our data, methodology and interpretation and yet arrive at a different conclusion. Now you have the intellectual challenge to reastate the matter and make it ever so simple for me because I am of ordinary or average intelligence.

scholar JW

• AlanF
    AlanF

scholar pretendus cum mentula flaccidus said:

: I am of ordinary or average intelligence

Not so. If anything, your moral Intelligence Quotient is negative.

Your problem is not one of native intelligence. It's that you've subjugated it to the Watchtower god.

You refuse to recognize serious problems that any normal 5-year-old could see.

AlanF

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

Scholar, Go to page one of this topic and see if that is simple enough for you. I think what I wrote is very simple for those who want the truth.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    O. smart One! I have not a clue what you are talking about when you claim to be using our data, methodology and interpretation and yet arrive at a different conclusion. Now you have the intellectual challenge to reastate the matter and make it ever so simple for me because I am of ordinary or average intelligence.

I have already explained, and re-explained, and rephrased my very simple point (that choosing which absolute date you start of with affects whether your favorite interpretation of the seventy years conflicts with 587 BC as the date of Jerusalem's fall or not) for your benefit, and I am convinced that there is no point in continuing with this effort if you persist in thinking I'm talking about some other interpretation of the seventy years.

If you truly are interested in this point (and I doubt you are), you may go back to the original threads where I tried again and again to explain this to you:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/86139/3.ashx
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/86216/2.ashx

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/86216/3.ashx

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

Leolaia, Scholar is full of chit like the organization.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

Scholar, I knew you wouldn't go to page one because when you JWs are in corner you run.

• scholar
    scholar

Leolaia

Chronology is about methodology and interpretataion which I call the Golden Rule of Chronology. You believe in 587 and use a different methodology to calculate it. But 587 cannot be a absolute date or pivital date marking the Fall of Jerusalem because you cannot be definite about whether it should be 586 or 587. You have big problem here my girl.

WT scholars have a different methodology using 539 as a pivotal date derived from a absolute date thus calculating using the biblical history to arrive at 607. This is a much safer route and avoids so many technical problems that continue to confound scholars for this late Judean period.

scholar JW

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Sheri, prepare yourself to be DF'ed for apostacy if you see this through. You know too much.

GBL

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Scholar, where did you get your degree?

J

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere
    WT scholars have a different methodology using 539 as a pivotal date derived from a absolute date

Ok Scholar, You admit 539 is an absolute date. And Vol.1,page 458 in the Insight book under Chronologysays"You can figure backward or forward on a pivotal date to arrive at an event." Start at 539 for the fall of Babylon,a date the WTS accepts, its easy to see Jerusalem was desolated in 587. Nabonidus, the last King of Babylon ruled 17 years so add 17 to 539 = 556, Neriglissar, ruled 4 years so add 4 to 556 =560, Evil-Merodach ruled 2 years so add 2 to 560 = 562 and Neb. ruled 43 years so add 43 to 562 = 605. The Bible at 2 Kings 25:8 says Neb. desolated Jerusalem in his 19th year. Start with 605 as 1 year and on down to 19 will be 587.If you add any more years to any of the Kings you couldn't get 539 and you can't get 539 using WTS's year 624 for Neb. Substract these 66 years for the Kings rule from 624 = 558. Substract them from 605 =539. So easy to see the WTS is a cult! Their 2001 CD has quotations from WTS articles and books that agree with history on these dates for the Kings.By the way you can't even get 607 using 624 either. Start with 624 for the first year and down to the 19th is 606. It looks like you are the one with the big problem.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit