Daniel's Prophecy, 605 BCE or 624 BCE?

by Little Bo Peep 763 Replies latest watchtower bible

• scholar
    scholar

Leolaia

Now that you have posted the latest question and answer from Jenni perhaps you will post the original question in its complete form. I note that you posted my answer to Jenni without my consent and that you have muddied the waters by your interference at this point. Jenni has not been very specific in his response as he has replied generally to multiple questions in his latest response.

scholar JW

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I only wrote to Jenni once and received only one response. I'm not sure what you mean by the "latest question" or "latest response". I only presented your query because in earlier posts you stressed the need to represent both the query and response and I wanted to present what Jenni said since people were asking; I otherwise was waiting several weeks for you to post the result. I apologize if I stole some of your thunder, so to speak. I took the care not to post any of your personal info. I'm not sure what you mean by muddying the waters; we both had an interest in what Jenni had to say, and both with somewhat varying questions, and I think I have as much a right as you to ask him for clarification.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I think Scholar just took off his gloves. Quick, duck Leolaia, you've got a leather glove headed your way!

Kwin (Masters in JW BS)

• toreador
    toreador

I appreciate the responses so far. Thank you Leolaia

Tor

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

If scholar wants his query removed, I'll ask a mod to edit my post and remove the queries.

Again, I didn't want to be accused of poor scholarship as scholar had said regarding Jonsson for not including the queries and only posting the response. If Jenni had chosen to reply to us individually rather than together, I don't think this would have been a problem.

(Then again, scholar accused Jonsson of poor scholarship for writing scholars for their expert opinions and for clarification, and yet he has gone and done this very thing.)

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Scholar,

Now that you have posted the latest question and answer from Jenni perhaps you will post the original question in its complete form. I note that you posted my answer to Jenni without my consent and that you have muddied the waters by your interference at this point. Jenni has not been very specific in his response as he has replied generally to multiple questions in his latest response.

Shaken and stirred I see. I can well understand why!

Leolaia,

Thank you for your excellent work and for having the tenacity for seeing this issue through to its conclusion in the face of a talking wall. Scholar of course is far too proud and far too embroiled in sucking at the teats of his whore to reason through the points you have skilfully debated, but many readers including myself, appreciate your hard work.

HS

• toreador
    toreador

What are you talking about Neil? Leo only posted your question to Jenni not your answer to Jenni, so what are you talking about. The same reply was given by Jenni to the both of you, so his reply belongs to Leo as much as it does you. If she chooses to post the answer given by Jenni to her what does it matter to you. You sound like a little child who got his cookies and milk taken away from him. I think the important thing is that you both got a reply from him and what it says, dont you?

Tor

• scholar
    scholar

Leolaia

The fact of the matter is that you wrote to Jenni not only to seek from him a confirmation of your persional semantic opinion but you alerted Jenni to the current controversy which caused Jenni not to reply individually but collectively. Hence, I am now unable to get a true opinion from him on the specifics of my question also you posted my question without my permission which is poor form and manners.

In fairness, you should post the original question about this matter to Jenni and his reply. Both the question and answer should be in full and have the name and date respectively with permission. In this way the whole matter can be properly assessed. Also, it would be appreciated that the article that Jenni refered to pertaining to this matter should be posted in English- translated from the German journal.

At this point, Jenni's opinion is merely interesting but does not disprove the NWT's rendering of the preposition.

scholar JW

• aniron
    aniron

Scholar

Lets face it you have been found out and you just can't accept that you are wrong.

Hence, I am now unable to get a true opinion from him

Are you now saying that Jenni is a liar, or do you mean I can't get the opinion I wanted off him.

All you have shown is that you are nowhere near a true "scholar" . You are typical of the Watchtower if the answer doesn't go your way then it must be wrong and start blaming everyone else accept yourself.

Heaven knows how you got a BA and MA in religious studies, as you claim, they must have been out of a cornflake packet. Because you certainly don't display any of the attributes a true scholar would have.

The only attributes you do display are a closed mind, arrogance and self-rightouesness, perfect for being a JW.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Scholar,

you alerted Jenni to the current controversy which caused Jenni not to reply individually but collectively.

You seem to be suggesting that Jenni has some anti WTS motive that allows himself to be swayed by the questions posed to him by a total stranger in an email.

Really- how completely ludicrous! Not all scholars are as easily led and gullible as yourself.

HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit