JWD has given me....

by jgnat 34 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    By the way no one welcome me anyhow thx to all of you

Welcome, Z.

Well, we were all so stifled in the org. We couldn't freely express ourselves. If we were sick or down, we were viewed as liabilities. We couldn't express doubt in the org. or the Bible. The society was determined to make us all uniform and to steal our individuality.

But you can only go so long pretending to be someone else and repressing your true feelings. Sooner or later that secret self, that the society always talked about, has to surface. You can't keep YOU hidden forever.

And so here all of us are, with our real selves showing.

JWD has given me back me.

• jgnat
    jgnat

LOL Concerned Mama, I had to call you up just to be sure what you meant when you said it was an "experience" getting to know me! You are lucky I didn't make you burn the roast.

Craigie my man, you do know how to pour on the compliments! I am sure your charm keeps those home fires burning. I am gratified to see that bikerchic managed to pull you back from the meaning-of-the-universe/abyss.

FlyingHighNow, what a profound statement, "JWD has given me back me." There is no great magic here, other than the basic freedom to express ourselves. Simon has worked very hard to give us that safe place.

• Special K
    Special K

Hi janet,

Congratulations on becoming a "supreme one". I've always enjoyed reading your posts because I always knew that you would have something constructive to say. Your responses on things, to me, always showed that you are really listening to the posters and offered positive feedback and validation of feelings and J.W. predicaments.

what the board has given me has been

A place to read about similar thoughts and feelings that I only thought I had experienced since being disfellowshippped.

Also, and this is a biggy. JWD gave me a place to re-connect with a relative who is very very dear to me someone whom I was cut off from for over 10 years because of that disfellowshipping/shunning.

This is one of the places where we use to be in touch and share with each other because we are not free to do that in the open world. Fading for my relative and others is a bitch especially when a spouse is whole-hog kind of involved with the J.W.s and they just don't see what you see. This site has given my relative a place to see similar faders in similar circumstances. Peers mean a lot.

I also have met in person a few of the posters and that was nice to put a face to the poster and share some life experiences. And hey, these were people who would even sit down and have a meal with me which family members who are dubs would not even do..remember that scripture of "do not even eat with such ones"..

all the best to you Janet

and I stand up and applaud you today.

You are JWD newest member of "The Supremes"! and you sing good here.

Special K

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

JWD has given me some feeling of peace.

It has helped me move from being desperately angry and self destructive to reconciling my experience as just a dark period of my life that I can let go of now. It's shown me that I'm not some sort of freak because of what I went through, it helped me grieve properly and move on.

Thankyou Simon, thankyou all.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Special K, I had never thought that even a simple meal together has profound meaning for an xJW. Thanks for the reminder.

Satans little helper, I think there are many, many like you that have benefited from Simon's forum. Isn't it great joining the rest of the human race?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit