JWD has given me....

by jgnat 34 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hi, my name is Janet and I love JWD. If there were any doubt, it has been blown away by my 5000?th post, making me a Supreme One. For newbies, I am a non-Jehovah?s Witness married to one. I?ve been posting for almost three years now. I consider myself a plain Christian, vanilla flavour. I hate labels, so you won?t see me tacking ?worldly? ?opposer? or ?Christendom? on me. I am me. If you want to know what I am about, just ask.

I am so grateful that this site exists. Thanks, Simon and Angharad. The most important thing JWD did was give me a voice. I cannot speak up at the Kingdom Hall. Most regular folk have no clue how insidious the doctrines of the Watchtower are, they just think it is weird. Here, I can structure my thoughts and voice them to a community that understands.

I have also gained flesh-and-blood friends. My highlight of 2004 was the visit from Blondie and Irreverent, the two most genuine souls I ever had the privilege to meet. I would have never met them without JWD. Ditto for Concerned Mama. She is far quieter than I on the board, but what an impact she has on people?s lives! Again, though we live in the same city and have so many things in common, I would have never met Concerned Mama without the board. Oh, yes! I also got to meet Will Power, another powerhouse woman. I have talked on the phone with Onacruse and AlanF. I have exchanged Christmas cards with Rayzorblade.

If the board was all about me, though, I probably would have wandered off after about six months. For me to stick to something, I have to be making a difference. So thanks to all the newbies who have popped in here asking for help over the years. Newbie introduction threads are still my favorite. I think I have helped at least one husband keep his wife at his side, and consoled a few other non-JW partners who lost to the society. I might also have scared off a few JW apologists who had forgotten to reason. I hope they are still thinking.

I may not have the finesse of our fine Farkel, but I have to admit that it is gratifying to see my ideas and colloquialisms sneak their way in to the JWD lexicon. My favorite new phrase, JW-land. My favorite personal thread,

Newbies! Everything you wanted to know but were afraid to ask.

Thank you, JWD. May you live long and prosper.
    I want to hear it, what has JWD given you?

Now, I am off for a nap to shake off this nasty cold. So don't worry if it takes a while to check back on this thread.
    Your new JWD Supreme One, Janet.

P.S. did you notice my coy peek out of the closet?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Congratulations by the way on becoming a supreme being

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

BTW - JWD is a great site - I love it too -- RESPECT - which we do not always get at the KH

• Simon
    Simon

Another Cute Canadian?

Seriously, it's been great having you on here Janet !

We'd love to be able to add ourselves to the list of JWD'ers you've met someday!

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Janet, ofcourse I did notice....

to answer your question, JWD let me understood the harm my daughter underwent, the wounds she got from being cast out.

She was 17 when she was babtised - nearly 22 when she got out - and I did'nt understand why she was so angry, so bitter while she herselve did give the JW's all the ammunition they needed to kick her out....

Today she is really "free" I think, the wounds are healed and she is no longer doing "things" just because the JW's do not allow it. Now she is working at her future - and I am proud of her.

For the rest: I like to hang around here and "meet" several people....

By the way congratulations with your new status quo.

Branda

• talesin
    talesin

Wow, JANET, congrats on your 5,000th post.

So much wisdom you have, JANET.

I'm so glad you are here. Since my first days at JWD, I have been soaking up your pearls of wisdom, and I am finally pleased to make your formal acquaintance, JANET.

xoxo

tal

• Poztate
    Poztate

Janet....Oh Supreme One. Allow me to add my congratulations on hitting the 5000 level. I'm not even a Jedi yet

I think JWD has given me people and yes even friends I can relate to and with. When you leave "the truth"? you feel you are isolated,or at least I did. I left in the early 80's when there was no support network such as JWD. Here we share a common bond and many of our stories have been repeated over and over again as the exodus from the WT continues. The support we are given here helps many of us to cope with our situation and we can even share a laugh about it now and again.

I wish I could meet some of the people on here but my circumstances prevent it for now. I do echo your sentiment.

POZ.
  • Big Tex
    Big Tex

Congrats Janet! You are a valuable and cherished part of JWD.

• fairchild
    fairchild

OOHHH look at you!! 5,000 posts! (I'll race you to 6,000).

Congratulations!!

Usually, when I log on, I look for names I know, it is nice to see people who are steady on here, somehow, they become a part of my little world in their own way. You certainly are one of them.

*Hurries to the kitchen to bake cookies for Janet*

Cheers,

Chris

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

What she said!

Janet,

It is my pleasure to know you as I do.

To all of you reading this.......Janet is a great and wonderful person..........I know this for a fact because even though I've never met her, she has been a help to me in my time of not being so happy. I can honestly say that she knows a lot of my secret feelings and the kind of person that I am. I feel safe talking to her since she has an insight like no other. She is truely an asset to JWD and I think the world of her.

Now......what does JWD mean to me? It has been a place for me to meet people who have been through the same crap. People who understand each other. A place where the majority show UNCONDITIONAL love and understanding. A place for me to express everyday happenings and feelings. A place for me to make comments or give my humble opinion to someone who is looking for an answer. A place where I have on occasion made a comment that helped someone or wasn't the best and made an ass of myself. A place where I have seen others make an ass of themselves too!

But most of all, it is like the coffee shop where I go each morning and chat with the locals about anything and everything and do not get chastised for having free thinking and my own ideas......and the people still like me for myself.

HappyDad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit