Ugly People

by Fe2O3Girl 95 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

I grew up feeling like I was ugly. I was surrounded by beautiful people, and compared myself, negatively to my beautiful mother, handsome, charismatic father, and my movie-star gorgeous brother, who is almost 6 years older. I have an odd nose, and had to wear braces for three years, from age 13 to 16 so I know I had an odd complex about beauty, and was very self conscious.

Looking back on my pictures, I was really pretty. My complex was silly, but it still affects me, even now. I am very visual and see people's looks before their personality.

Because of my childhood obsession, I thought I had to have a good personality and sense of humor, or I was sunk in life.

So far so good.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Beauty is only skin deep. Look at the lesson derived from the movie, "Beauty and the Beast". Although the beast was ugly he still had deep down good qualities. He learned through trial and error what it is to be a good person. Even to the point where Bell found him to be beautiful. Her kiss melted his looks away. I know it is just a story but it can be true. So to me it is what is in a persons heart that is more important then their looks. Love is possible indeed.

Yes awkward and deformed persons with disabilities are some of the most wonderful people on the earth. Who can resist the smile of a child with :"Downs Syndrome". You just melt in your heart because their beauty is in their hearts not their faces.

What about the person who is disfigured by a fire where more than 90 % of their bodies are burned and they have endured and have hurdled leaps and bounds to prove that they are like everyone else. In Ontario about 12 years ago a young man named Joe Phillion was so badly burned over 90% of his body. He was groteque to say the least and he knew it. But this man and his remarkable courage and the story of his recovery captivated the entire province of Ontario. The people in his home town built him a special home with equipment that could help him get around. He endured countless skin grafts. So many operations. and yet he was a child who didn't give up. He was 14 I believe when his accident occoured and now he is a young man who is no longer ugly to look at as the skin grafts have enhanced his appearance. Oh you can tell he was a survivor of a fire. But he conquered unatainable goals that a normal person would take for granted.

Yes its what is in the core of the body as the body is the vessel but the being is in the heart.

Love Orangefatcat

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

the probleme and why we do talk about that is that being (always put so called / about physicaly) ugly is like being poor somehow and being beautiful is like being rich somehow, it brings the same kind of troubles and advantages with the same kind of people means those who gives too much credit to the riche/beautiful and looking down on the poor/ugly or condescendingly even pity ... (not sure it's always concious) and those can be whatever (poor or rich / ugly or beautifull) ... our world is based on appearance and we just can't escape it most of the time cause too much people rely on that and some think it help to just follow the flow as it does have REAL effects on MOST of aspects of life (but never on TRUE LOVE) and it can mislead the feeling of love (every kind : lover / friendchip - FAKE by then) ... it's just a pitty ... it doesn't help this world to become a better one ... We are not even close !!!

Thinking that "so called" ugly people do have a bad self esteem is just wrong : I DO REMEMBER ... my ego was and is still quite big believe me. My statement was just this I DON'T CARE, WHO ARE YOU TO THINK YOU CAN MAKE ME FEEL BAD BECAUSE OF THAT ? Those who do suffer about it are those who buy too much into the system, of course that way they don't help themself ... (you can't rely on others about self-esteem - it's all about what you know about yourself - now you know more than everything and main things are related to physical aspect or not ...)

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

People can be beautiful on the outside and absolutely hideous on the inside. I go by personality not looks, and feel that everyone deserves the ability to pursue happiness, family and love not just the cuties.

Jean

• Brummie
    Brummie

Do you remember the film "The Colour Purple" when Whoopie Goldberg gave that big toothed smile/grin to the camera?? That was beauty.

Brummie

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Oh! I thought of that too, Brummie Cat. That was a great movie.

Jean

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Do you remember the film "The Colour Purple" when Whoopie Goldberg gave that big toothed smile/grin to the camera?? That was beauty.

Brummie

yeah truly Also what I meant in my last poste was just this : if everyone were giving credit where credit is due ... well we wouldn't have to talk about this subject ... but of course we are fare from that ...
  • GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

That was a nice post OrangeFatCat

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Does anyone remember the movie with Stockard Channing playing the lead: The Girl Most Likely To?

In the movie, she is very ugly and people are cruel to her. Then she gets into an accident and the doctors have to reconstruct her face. When she finally heals she is beautiful. No one recognizes her, so she sets about getting revenge on all of the people who were cruel to her. My favorite one is when she gets the college cheeleader to do backward flips down the hallway of the dorm. Stockard is waiting at the end of the hall where she opens a set of large windows. Out goes the prissy cheerleader and down, down, down.

Moral: be nice to ugly people.

• Valis
    Valis

Flyinhigh is a stupid head...clearly the moral is don't be ugly to anyone...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit