Ugly People

by Fe2O3Girl 95 Replies latest jw friends

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Do ugly people have a right to normal lives - relationships, marriage, families?

About half of us must be below "average" attractiveness. Maybe XJWs are on average more gorgeous than the general population.

What can you tell about a person by their facial beauty or lack of it? Can you tell if they are smart, kind, hardworking, if they would be a good friend or a bad parent? A good leader?

Should all ugly people hide from public life, or just ugly women?

Are you better looking than average?

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

I could be better looking than average if my acne medication ever decided to start working, all it does is give me chemical burns. And, yes, ugly peopel should hide from public , personally I'm smugly (smart + ugly), which makes me a valuable commodity (at least smart wise).

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

The most interesting men I've dated were very homely, and very interesting. I don't think there are all that many truly ugly people out there. Golda Myer(sp) Indira Ghandy, Arafat, all.... physically ugly. That tall actor who was in Big Fish is physically ugly. All in my opinion. But look where they've gotten?

I think homely people have a tendency to excel on personality more than attractive people.

Me, I'm moderatly attractive. I was rather an ugly duckling growing up and treated as such by other children so I developed a personality instead. When I was in my mid-20-s to mid-30's I was a knockout! Alas middleage has expanded things here and there, and gravity has overcome perky.

My partner, Kevan, has a handsome face, but a round short-legged body. He's highly intelligent, and most interesting to me.

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman
    Do ugly people have a right to normal lives - relationships, marriage, families?

Are you serious with this question ???

Everyone have a right to "normal lives" nobody should ever feel to hide him/her selve.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i think shallow people put importance on outer beauty.most people grow out of that in their teens and try to see people for who they are not by if their good looking enough to be in a magazine.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

No. I look like hell and have a personality to match. But I reserve my right to live a normal life. If people don't like my looks they can damn well turn and face another direction.

Walter

• Brummie
    Brummie

Beauty is in the eye of the...

I have seen people whose faces are disfigured through accidents or abnormal births or people who just have awkward bone structure, big noses, thick lips, etc. But as soon as they smile, I see beauty, deep beauty. It kinda melts me to see them smile or cry. Behind the face is a person made up of exactly the same as you and I. I have lived confidently ugly, what we are given in life is not by choice, but under any circumstance I wouldnt choose the most beautiful face with the ugliest personality over the ugliest face with a smile.

The smile says it all, it changes perspective, look at my avatar and see.

Brummie

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

No. Nobody does. They have a right to pursue these things and if they find someone willing to love, marry or procreate with them they should be free to do so.

About half of us must be below "average" attractiveness.

That's true by definition.

Maybe XJWs are on average more gorgeous than the general population.

Maybe. There are definitely some really hot apostababes. I'd imagine there's no difference between XJWs and regular people though.

What can you tell about a person by their facial beauty or lack of it? Can you tell if they are smart, kind, hardworking, if they would be a good friend or a bad parent? A good leader?

Not really. Maybe a good leader in that people are more likely to listen to somebody good-looking. Also, good-looking people are more likely to have good-looking children which makes them more attractive as potential mates. Not a very good reason, just sexual selection at work.

Should all ugly people hide from public life, or just ugly women?

Not at all. It is an unfortunate fact that we view famous people differently. People are considered fair game for criticism if they're in the public eye.

<----- Judge for yourself

• upside/down
    upside/down

I married one of the most beautiful women on the planet. Drop dead gorgeous in so many ways!

But it turns out she was very ugly on the inside (deep inside),

Never judge a book by it's cover.

u/d (of the I envy ugly people that are in love class)

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Maybe XJWs are on average more gorgeous than the general population.

No, but to read some of their comments on JWD, you realize some don't have any depth when it comes to this subject. Those don't care what they say, or how they say it when it comes to comments on the way people look, especially women. It's bewildering and amusing all at the same time how they wear their hearts on their sleeves. They reveal the inner people that they are right here for everyone to see.

Yellow hilited words all refer to some, but not all XJWs here on this board. Hey, that hiliter tool is lots of fun to use. I'm gonna end up late for work.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit