DA-ing Announcement in the Society's New Book

by Mark 136 Replies latest jw friends

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

{{{Hugs}}} to all you who have been fading:(

I'm sure glad I decided just recently to quit my routine of not talking about the various reasons why I decided to DA myself from the JWs! Looks like I got in just under the wire with a certain relative before this "new light" is released. Fortunately, the relative was very interested in what I had to say, as they had been thinking seriously about dropping their study, anyway, and what I said only served to confirm their own growing doubts.The relative is now looking into going to a church, after heart to heart encouragement by me to do so;)

As far as this meaning the JWs can no longer talk about their incredible growth, that won't matter much to them. They'll just do a flip-flop back to the scripture that says "the road is narrow and few are the ones finding it."

It will be interesting to see how it will affect ones with family members who have simply quit going to meetings because of discouragement, or who were who were disfellowshipped for a sin and want to be restored, as opposed to those who left for "apostate" thinking, though.I wonder if those who are removed because of sin will be treated more harshly, and what effect this will have on their desire to be reinstated.

I also wonder how it will affect ones who can't, for whatever the reasons the elders have, seem to make the grade for baptism. Wonder what they'll consider them? I suspect the "do not foresake the gathering of ourselves together" and the field service regulations will be emphasized even more in this case, too. This will make it hard on any who can't, for various good reasons, comply.

I wonder if folks who have disablities which are not patently obvious will have to get doctor's excuses not to attend meetings.

I'm soooo glad not to be under all this legalism anymore!!

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

Oops, sorry about the double post

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Let the paranoia games begin.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:By obscuring the distinction between DF and DA everyone will be happy in their assumption that all who leave are drunken, drug-crazed, demonized fornicators.

Walter once again I think you hit it right on the nail dude.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I wonder if the WTS will start publishing numbers based on who is baptized as opposed to turning in time. Doing this will create the illusion of continued growth.

Their logic will be that when one is baptized one becomes a JW* and remains a JW until death or one is announced as "no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses".

*Watchtower 1989 January 15 p.15 How Baptism Can Save Us
    They must also understand that dedication and baptism identify them as Jehovah's Witnesses.
  • truth_about_the_truth
    truth_about_the_truth
    I do not find it disturbing at all. I think it's fantastic.

As sunspot alluded too, if the reasons for expulsion are tightened, their numbers will drop, causing more and more active JWs to ask "what is going on here?

I agree. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot! What good is all this preaching going to do if you choose to alienate a large percentage of your existing, shrinking membership?

Looks like this is a move out of desperation. Your with us or against us! This won't do any good as far as annual stats are concerned.

I can hear it now:

"We're being blessed because our numbers are shrinking!"

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

It is just a matter of time before they are forced to admit that they are a cult.

• minimus
    minimus

In the 70's and 80's many unbaptized ones including children were treated the same as df'd ones. Then they clarified it to being only BAPTIZED persons.

• Room 215
    Room 215

What self-defeating brainstorm is next for these idiots? Eating their own young?

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I was just over on Kent's site looking at the S-77 form (the form that the elders have to send to the WTS when somebody is DF'd or DA's). I wonder if they'll be changing it to remove the words DF and DA.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit