DA-ing Announcement in the Society's New Book

by Mark 136 Replies latest jw friends

• Kendal
    Kendal

Hello everyone....

I'm new to this forum and have found everyones comments interesting....(by the way I am a JW but like many have concerns/issues about the organisation leadership and how we're being led......

My questions are: I got a copy of March KM this week and it mentions the announcement to be made in March at the sunday meeting -- how did u guyz get info on what the announcement is about - presume some leak from London Bethel/New York ??

What concerns me though is that I know of numerous people who are classed as "inactive" but are still JWs - this includes some of my family....they've never been kicked out, but simply choose not to attend meetings or F/Service....do we really think these ones could be targets of local elders on a witchhunt to as a previous comment mentions, purge undesirables? If anyone gets any info/documents of this nature it would be interesting to see these!!

Thanks for reading, look forward to your views....

kendal

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Sorry I'm seeing this late and didn't look through all the pages so this may have been talked about already.

I see a lot of DA'ing in the future I probably will be one of them since it's by the actions of an individual now not by their request. Lots of heads will hit the chopping block with this one:

The book also redefines the notion of a disassociation to apply to an individual who"deliberately

repudiates his Christian standing, rejecting the congregation by his actions or by

stating that he no longer wants to be recognized as or known as one of Jehovah's

Witnesses" (p. 155).

I'm thinking in particular the thread Mulan started a while ago about the elders seeing her X-mas tree through the window of her house, by these new standards that would be a DA'ing offense! Well d'oh!

I also can totally see the WTS telling the R & F that this is a separating work and really playing hard ball with those who continue to associate with DF'ed and DA'ed family members. You know it had to happen sooner or later. It's probably part and parcel to the total lack of control they feel for those who are looking on the evil Internet?. It's all about control but I bet it backfires on them big time too much at steak for too many. It touches the core of families and that just might make it backfire on them. Loyality to Jehovah or you're out!

Kate

• Jez
    Jez
    My questions are: I got a copy of March KM this week and it mentions the announcement to be made in March at the sunday meeting -- how did u guyz get info on what the announcement is about - presume some leak from London Bethel/New York ??

Shhhhh...don't tell Kendal..........shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Jez

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

I would realy like to get my hands on that piece of literature when it comes out...

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

i dont think much is going to be made over this. i remember last time when people were panicking about the drive to get intouch with all those who had faded. not much came of it, apart from a couple of people getting caught out here and there. so i see no special effort to seek and destroy on this one.

• btafly
    btafly

Do we know for sure that there will be no more judicial hearings? Or will they still have the same type of meeting with the "wrongdoer", but the announcement is just different?

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

hi, welcome btafly,

just the announcement will be different.

• btafly
    btafly

In previous posts, some have been mentioning that this will mean no judicial hearings will be needed..that the elders can just decide that by someone's actions, they are no longer a JW. Am I understanding this correctly?

I'm already disfellowshipped, but when I hear things like this, it makes me hate this organization so much. I just want my parents and siblings out of it. I want them back in my life, but I know it's never going to happen. Especially now.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

There is no indication that the practice of having a JC is about to be dispensed with. They are still provided for in the new book. There is every indication that the branch expects them to be less merciful and that more disfellowshippings are about to ensue.

• undercover
    undercover

JC meetings will continue on as before...but it seems like I remember seeing something quoted from the new (b)org book that gives the impression that if someone becomes inactive, refuses to meet with the elders and pursues a course of life with disregard to JW "rules" that an announcement that says, "soandso is no longer considered one of Jehovah's Witnesses" could be announced. According to the book, JWs would be expected to treat such people as DFd or DAd.

In that case there would be no JC meeting...at least not one with the "evildoer" present anyway. So in essence you can be DFd without being present.

That, along with what IP can attest to first hand as far as elders expected to be less merciful in dealings with "errant" ones could mean that more faders and dissenters will be outed without ever meeting with the elders or having a chance to deny any wrongdoing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit