Jw still believe 4026 B.C.E as Adams creation...?

by thedepressedsoul 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sir82
    sir82

they believe Noah's flood happen about 2700 bce

It's worse than that. Their "official" Freddy-Franz-stamped chronology puts the global flood at exactly 2370 BC.

• prologos
    prologos
    There was only one overlapping generation between Adam and Noah in two groups, overlapping some ~150 years. wiped out by someone with a very short fuse. Not proud to have carried that story/message D2D. 
  • wifibandit
    wifibandit

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/homs/species.html

Watchtower fears education and facts because they know they're on the losing side.

• Stealth
    Stealth

If they can't get this right, why should anyone trust anything else they have to say?  

• fiddler
    fiddler

I imagine this very question, 'does the organization still say Adam was created in 4026 BCE?) that I asked my JW daughter was considered 'persecution' and 'spiritual endangerment' back when I asked it.  I got labeled an apostate and shunned for that and similar questions.  You should have seen the 'deer in the headlights' look I got.  I don't think she even knew that was the official teaching.  

This subject has got to be one of the most uncomfortable subjects for a lot of Christians since if one considers it in a logical way, it effectively nullifies the whole original sin idea and the very NEED for Christ.  i'll take the Buddha over the sacrificial lamb any old day. Human sacrifice! How much more barbaric does it get?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

DesirousOfChange:

Have not seen that mentioned recently, but have not seen it retracted either.

It was most recently mentioned in 2013, in the revised edition of the New World Translation, appendix B2.

• wifibandit
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    I love people, but I lose immediate respect for anyone who believes the bibles account of the flood, you have to be so incredibly blinded by cognitive bias to buy that crap. Even at my most fateful I guess I believed it was allegory at best. Total nonsense for so many reasons.
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

My JW mother in her early 70's very much believes the 4026 BCE stuff she was taught when they recruited her.  She believes the Freddy Franz stuff about 1975 along with the reason it didn't happen yet- the unknown time period from Adam's creation to Eve's creation.  The end is imminent because the time for that period is running out.  

Watchtower never withdrew any of that.  That's not their style.  They just never mention it again and wait for it to be forgotten.  That way, older JW's think they were right and still are right.  Newer JW's don't have to be bothered with something that sounds "wrong."  JW's are all about being right.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Would be great if the OT had dates and records like those pesky satanic pagan nations kept, of course then where would the numerology and mystery be and the need to faith and speculation and ambiguities. Guess it's better to not have good records for the most important book supposedly ever written.  

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit