What would you say to a JW at your door?

by Undecided 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided

I will say:I don't need the Watchtower magazine because I already know what it says: Since I'm an apostate, wicked slave class worldly person and don't beleive the new light from the governing body of the faithful and discrete slave class, I will be buzzard meat at Armageddon very soon now, unless there is more new light about it not being as soon as predicted, like so many times before.

Ken P.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

"Oh, can you hold on a sec, I'm really interested in discussing this with you but am talking to someone is on the phone. I'll be right back." Then close the door and go on, business as usual not going back.

How long until they leave?

Kwin

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I will say "No, thanks I am full!"

Brooke WI

• dh
    dh

y'all run along and have a good day now.

• formerout
    formerout

Ken,

I thought you would never ask.

I will relate the last conversation I had with a JW at the door:

JW lady - "We are here to talk to people about the sad state of the world today."

Me - "Actually I think the world is in pretty good shape and is becoming more peaceful all the time."

JW lady- "Actually when we really think about the wars that are going on and the general lack of respect for God and humans, it is not necessarily in good shape."

Me - "OK, you bring up a good point... lack of respect for humans..... why does your religion give unconditional support to child abusers?"

Jw lady - "Oh we most certainly don't do that!!"

Me - "Actually you have amongst you in your congregation a regular pioneer that hurt my four year-old daughter in the genital area with her knee and then took her to the doctor and told her to tell the doctor that I sexually assaulted her in order for her daughter to get custody of our children. I spoke to one of your elders about it, not for the purpose of getting her in trouble since that would be hypocritical for I have no respect for your organizational structure. I merely wanted the situation dealt with so that my daughter could understand that what happened wasn't right and that hopefully he could prevent it from ever happening again. He told me that he spoke to her about it and she said, "Mind your own business".

JW lady - "Well I can sympathize with you if that is in fact what happened and we certainly do report child abuse cases to the authorities."

Me - "I can appreciate that you want to believe that is what happens but how much assurance can I have in that when one of the heads of your church admitted to me that he just left it alone when she said to mind his own business?"

JW lady - "Well I can sense that you're not too happy with us right now?"

Me - "It's not you personally, it's not the religion that you belong to. It's the unfortunate reality of what goes on in your organization with the belief structure that you are under. When you want to come back and show me that there have been safeguards put in place to protect children, you can come back to talk to me. Until then can you please scratch me off your list or put me down as a "DO NOT CALL". There's no point in anyone coming to talk to me until that has happened."

Nobody has come back yet!!!! Bastard religion!!!

Brad

• Mulan
    Mulan

If they ever come here, which they don't. They skip our house...............I would say "no thanks, I am not interested in your religion"

I am not interested in engaging them in any conversation. I'm done.

But, I sure enjoy reading the experiences of those of you who do take them on.

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

I still enjoy the debate. So I would invite them in so they would find it harder to leave while I pummeled them with scriptures. Most of them won't leave as long as you talk to them from the scriptures. They feel that they are better equipped to handle a scriptural debate. HA. I can't wait. The only problem is that most of the JWs that would knock on my door already know me and would not come into my house. Bummer.

TimB

• ko38
    ko38

Yeah thats my problem.They all know me or i would start a study with them so i could show them some apostate Good news.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I left the bOrg in August of 1998. Since then I have never had any JWs come to my door.

I don't live in the same city where I DAed, so I doubt my address is on any "do not call" or "apostate" lists.

A few times I have seen Mormons through my peep-hole, but I did not answer the door. I'm just not up to messing with them, I have more important things to do with my time, such as watching TV.

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

They won't come to my door. *wimper*

On the off chance that they do I will confront about how they treat Df'd/DA'd ones.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit