What would you say to a JW at your door?

by Undecided 27 Replies latest jw friends

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I would say, "Sorry, but I'm not allowed to talk to apostates".

Walter

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

redhotchilipepper

Look who's talking.....

• willyloman
    willyloman

The suggestions posted by Dawn and MrsJones are my favorites, because they will case at least SOME dubs to think and to question what their religion is based on. Planting seeds of doubt is the best and most effective strategy, in my view.

• M.J.
    M.J.

Name 3 things you dislike or wish you could change about the WTBTS.

• jws
    jws

I remember one coming around, citing the typical JW outlook of the world: "doom and gloom, will we ever have an end to these problems"? I cited decreasing crime statistics. We got into why he thought the end was near. He tells me of the more frequent and severe earthquakes, pestilence, wars, etc., etc. Having recently read Last Days When, I was able to counter him with historical facts without sounding like an ex-JW. 1914 came up too. The way we left it, he admitted that maybe 1914 wasn't right, but he still thought we were in the last days.

• JAVA
    JAVA

They don't come to our door, and because of something I pulled; they don't show up on my street anymore. A few years ago I got tired of watching, and getting pissed, at the slow-walking JWs working my street. I went outside and joined them! That's right; I walked up to the small group and said, "Hey, how's it going, have you started your time yet?" The looks I got were priceless. I followed this up with, "I'll start knocking on the doors first to let my neighbors know you'll soon follow. I'll tell them I voted in an election, and when the elders found out, they kicked me out of the church, and now I'm shunned by Jehovah's Witnesses I've known for over 20 years." I concluded by, "I'll let my neighbors know that you'll explain why you do this when you get to the door." There was about 4 or 5 JWs in the group, and they looked to the car captain, because they clearly didn't know what to do or say. The guy said, "Lets get in the car." They didn't leave, but stayed in the car talking (the windows were up), so I walked up to the first house and rang the door bell. I looked back at them, heard the car start, and they pulled away. Just my luck, I had a Not-At-Home. :-) This happened one more time about 6 months later with a different group. The car captain said he was going to call the police because I was interfering with their preaching work. I said, "I consider this as part of my preaching work, too. As far as I can tell, I'm not stopping you from going door-to-door, and I hope you're not suggesting that I don't have that same right." The results were the same--they got into the car and left. JAVA (still counting time)

• Carmel
    Carmel

Hi!

• justhuman
    justhuman

Ray Franz!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit