I finally told them to back off

by redhotchilipepper 33 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Hehehe - fading with attitude - fast!

It was this kind of intense interest that I determined I couldn't tolerate.
    DA'ing became my prefered option, though I can't recommend it for most as it has catastrophic effects on family relationships.

Good luck!!!

(((hugs)))

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

I found telling them to "Go F*@! themselves" worked for me - not had a "friendly visit" now for around 10 years.

Be warned - this approach may lead to similar results as those described by LittleToe!

Bull! <= going back to charm school for the full hour lesson !!

• Mary
    Mary
    Not even 10 minutes later the Elders wife shows up on my door step ringing my door bell.

Holy god........which part of "do not call" don't they understand?! What did you say to her???

• Granny Linda
    Granny Linda

Bull...too funny

Red, unbelievable! Or is it.

Seriously, what would happen if people in these type situations with religious zealots began contacting the police - seems like harrassment to me.

Yeah, I know, I know...the village idiot. It just would make my blood boil, too.

GL

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Yeah for you...stand up for yourself...

Lisa

• blondie
    blondie

Ten minutes later...

Does she live ten minutes away...is it possible she had not received the message yet?

If it continues, try and make direct contact with the PO. I know it will be hard but worth it. Just repeat what you said before. Write it down and read it if you are afraid you might say more. Then ask if he heard and understood; when he says yes, say goodbye.

I would contact a lawyer if it continues after that...but give them time to spread the word.

Love, Blondie

• Scully
    Scully

Have you tried drawing a person-shaped chalk outline on the driveway with a few shredded Watchtowers strewn about the yard? Oh yeah, and borrow some CRIME SCENE DO NOT CROSS tape to put up across your door.

Love, Scully

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

LOL@Scully! You crack me up!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Bull:
    I'd lay down £10 at 10:1 that you don't make the hour

Scully:
    That so reminded me of "Naked Gun", where they have the chalk man on the harbour water

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I was thinking a sign on the door ... "Knock if you love Satan!"

I have an idea what you're going through. Mrs. Kwin and I are going through the same, but I must say not to that extent. Actually, I told one elder who called that I've sent a letter to bethel expressing concerns, and that we won't be attending or participating until such time as I get a responce. Haven't heard back and the surprise visits have stopped? Related? Who knows.

Good luck.

Kwin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit