No Trespassing!! Breaking news for local JW's.

by Mulan 98 Replies latest jw friends

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I guess all the witnessing will have to be done at the entrance to walmart from now on!

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

((“We don’t just write that person off the list. We go back again,”)) (This will make my case to a Jury all by itself,should they ever defiant trespass on my property)
    ---------------
    Article excerpt below:
    {....This particular Saturday, the couple did not encounter any signs saying “No Trespassing” or, even more direct, “No Jehovah’s Witnesses.”
    The couple said they’ve dealt with such rebuffs before, and others in the group said their overtures are sometimes met with slammed doors and hostility.
    The Witnesses said they are not fazed.
    “We don’t just write that person off the list. We go back again,” Robert Cohran, 67, said.
    Sometimes, the person is still unwilling
    .....} http://www.newsok.com/article/1877409 from here June 24 2006 noontime
    Witnesses take message to doors
    KWTV Oklahoma City | 1 hr ago
    The Oklahoman ..Burcham said the basis for the Jehovah’s Witnesses’ ministry work is a command found in the Bible in Matthew 24:14: “And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited Earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.”
    It’s a good thing to be renowned for one’s diligence, Burcham said.

Door-to-door dilemmas:The face-to-face encounters come easily for the Cohrans. They are cordial to the homeowners who open their doors to them, and they shrug good-naturedly when some doors remain closed.
    Bonnie Cohran, 62, said some people are asleep Saturday mornings, and others may not be at home or may be too busy to answer the door.

“This is an enjoyable work about 99 percent of the time,” she said. “People are really nice to us, and I appreciate their kindness.”
    This particular Saturday, the couple did not encounter any signs saying “No Trespassing” or, even more direct, “No Jehovah’s Witnesses.”
    The couple said they’ve dealt with such rebuffs before, and others in the group said their overtures are sometimes met with slammed doors and hostility.

The Witnesses said they are not fazed.
    “We don’t just write that person off the list. We go back again,” Robert Cohran, 67, said.
    Sometimes, the person is still unwilling to talk to the Witnesses after six months or a year
    . They said other times, a new family has moved in that is more receptive to the Witnesses’ words of faith.
    The Cohrans said they have been Jehovah’s Witnesses since 1966, and they were apprehensive about witnessing door to door at first.
    They now go out six days a week to share their faith.

{“We don’t just write that person off the list. We go back again,”)
    ----------
    This above article clearly states the protocol of Jehovah's Witnesses to ignore posted no trespassing signs and commands not to enter private property.

Danny Haszard Bangor Maine http://www.dannyhaszard.com/notrespassing.htm

• Robdar
    Robdar

I'm wondering if trespassing is a civil or criminal offense in the USA? Is it viewed the same as in the UK?

I'm not sure but it seems to me that it would be a civil offense. JW are knocking on doors, not breaking and entering.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

I'm wondering if trespassing is a civil or criminal offense in the USA? Is it viewed the same as in the UK?

I'm not sure but it seems to me that it would be a civil offense. JW are knocking on doors, not breaking and entering.

Good point there,that would apply to court action against them by the law enforcement authorities.

What is serious and could become a grave matter is what level of 'repulsion' could a homeowner use against perpetrators who are defiant trespassing after a warning?How would a Jury verdict?

• blondie
    blondie

Trespassing laws are not the same every place in the US. They are local laws. Thus the fine/punishment also varies.

That is why it is good to research what the laws are in your area and what you need to do to post your property and how to report any violations.

Blondie

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Holy SHIT. This probably will cut in HALF the territory in rural areas. I mean, in my old hall's territory, nearly everyone in the rural areas had a No Tresspassing sign. We would always ignore it, but if it said "Keep Out" I wouldn't go. Dang, this is really going to change things in these rural communities.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Oh what the hell? 2004?! Dang, thats what I get for not reading the entire thread before posting. I thought this was new. Of course I remember that announcement - but it certainyl was not telling us NOT to go to any No Tresspassing properties.

• VM44
    VM44

Does anyone know if a "No JW" graphic is online somewhere?

I am thinking of the letters JW inside a circle with a red slash over them.

--VM44

• blondie
    blondie

Upon receipt of this letter, book study overseers should review the following points with those in their groups:

* Individual homeowners have a right to exclude people from their property by posting a "No Trespassing" sign.

* If publishers call on a home or enter the grounds around a home where a "No Trespassing" sign is located, they may be subject to criminal prosecution and resulting monetary sanctions and/or incarceration. They also face being sued by the householder.

* Such homes may be worked by means of the telephone or letter writing. See May 2003 Our Kingdom Ministry Question Box: "Communicating Through Letters," Benefit From Theocratic Ministry School Education, Pages 71-3; May 2002 Our Kingdom Ministry Question Box; "Successful Kingdom Proclaimers Use the Telephone," April 15, 1998 Watchtower, Box on page 27; "Telephone Witnessing - A Way to Reach Many," August 1993 Our Kingdom Ministry pages 3-4;and November 1996 Our Kingdom Ministry Question Box.

* "No Trespassing" signs are different from "No Soliciting," "No Peddling," and "No Canvassing" Signs. However, if a householder at any time informs a publisher that this sign applies to our ministry (no matter what the wording of that sign may be), the publisher should reassure the householder that future calls at his home will cease. This can be done by simply stating:

"The application of the sign was not clear to us from its wording. Steps will now be taken to make certain that no further calls are made at your home by Jehovah's Witnesses. "

Thereafter, a dated note should be placed in the territory envelope listing the name and address of such individuals.

We trust this will answer questions publishers have regarding "No Trespassing" Signs. It is a pleasure to work shoulder to shoulder with you in accomplishing the work our Master has entrusted to us. - Zeph. 3:9; Matt 28:19,20

Your Brothers, Christian Congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses

• DannyHaszard

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit