Rutherford Exposed: The Story of Berta and Bonnie

by Farkel 747 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Farkel
    Farkel

outoftheborg,

You said:

"ON THE OTHER HAND I THINK THIS INFORMATION IS VERY INTERESTING AND USABLE IN DESCRIBING JUST HOW DEMENTED AND IMMORAL THE FOUNDERS OF THE WBTS WERE."

Indeed.

Farkel

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Any further off-topic posts will be deleted. Take the argument to PMs or drop it. This thread is too important to have it trashed

Lee

• Farkel
    Farkel

Farkel, who never writes in the third person just had an epiphany. This thread is not necessarily about Rutherford. This thread has brought a whole bunch of us TOGETHER in a common goal. We have all given much to this subject, and almost totally without rancor. It has been a collaboration of energies and much effort to find the truth as best we can. We all worked together for that goal.

Much new stuff has been discovered and revealed. This is an important thread, but in MHO not for the content and not because larc and I started it, but because it shows how people can build on information and opinions and assertions and ideas. It shows how people who really care about truth can find it when challenged and present it when challenged.

Ok. Maybe I exaggerate a little, but I still think this thread is the quintessential thread where minds got together and melded for a good and common goal, namely: the man Rutherford and what he REALLY was like in his life and times.

Once again, this thread is definitely about Rutherford, but more importantly, this thread is about we folks getting together and contributing something important. Together we can work magic!

Farkel

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Farkel

exactly

• Room 215
    Room 215

Farkel, Larc, Leo, et al....

This truly is a seminal thread, it's not hyperbole to regard it as one of this forum's best ever. All of the foregoing prompts a question as to the possible role played by one old crochety Bethelite I had the misfortune to cross paths with during my tenure there in the mid sixties -- one Dick Dederian (sp.?) -- I believe he was Armenian ...

He served as a valet/lackey in the exclusive service of Knorr and guarded the latter's apartment with the fanatical devotion of a temple guard. He told me on one of my trips up there to do repairs that he performed the same duties for Rutherford and used to accompany him to Beth Sarim.

Has his name ever come up in the course of researching the doings at Beth Sarim?

• minimus
    minimus

For your own information, Farkel, I never "demanded proof" of anything. When you read what I actually ask and not assume anything , you might see that truth. As I said before, I don't think that Rutherford didn't do anything improper with these ladies. It seems he did. The CIA and mafia might've been involved in JFK's killing too. Bush and family might be drug dealers and cokeheads. I dunno know. I read what's out there and I come either to some conclusion or I wait for more information so that I don't view things dogmatically.......Regarding this thread, it keeps getting better and better. Thanks to all the contributors for the research and sharing.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Good morning Athanasius.

Re. your post. The times you refer to, I was only in the 5 to 7 yr. old range. My folks were struggling financially and physically, so we were pretty much home bound.

I do not recall ever meeting any of the people you are writing of. I recall that the P.O.of the congregation or whatever they called him was Paul Trask and I think he managed a pie bakery. I recall an instance where a jw man was expelled and labeled an "evil slave" due to his not adhering to the jw beliefs. There was lots of whispering. It reminded me of how kids will tag an old man or house and pretend it is haunted by a ghost.

I recall my mom talking about Bill and Bonnie Heath sp? and how they were wealthy and she thought they owned a soft drink franchise.

Most of my memories on this subject involve my mother speaking of these people with reverence and worship in a highly emotional manner. For some reason, even at this early age, I would find this disturbing and confusing. My father was not a jw and a very logical man with good common sense. He avoided any conversation on this subject in order to maintain stability in the family.

I asked my mom about Beth Sarim when I was a little older, around 9 or 10? and she briefly described what its intended purpose was "as she knew it". It seemed odd or irrational and so I asked more questions and I could tell she was embarrassed and did not want to talk further about it.

Well that is about it. Sorry I have nothing more to offer.

Outoftheorg

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Farkel,

This thread is not necessarily about Rutherford. This thread has brought a whole bunch of us TOGETHER in a common goal.

That is why I commended you all above. I'm amazed at the ability of those contributing to confirm or dismiss points with research, even finding new info while the thread is alive. We have talented people here who have proven they can work together and possibly do some great things. (hint, hint)

Lets develope this and do something with it.

Jst2laws

• Earnest
    Earnest
    one old crochety Bethelite...one Dick Dederian (sp.?) -- I believe he was Armenian ...

He served as a valet/lackey in the exclusive service of Knorr and guarded the latter's apartment with the fanatical devotion of a temple guard. He told me on one of my trips up there to do repairs that he performed the same duties for Rutherford and used to accompany him to Beth Sarim.

Has his name ever come up in the course of researching the doings at Beth Sarim?

Room 215, yes, indeed, Dick Diderian was telling the truth. In an earlier post (12-Sep-04 04:02 GMT) Bonnie Boyd included Mr. Diderian along with secretarial and medical staff who accompanied Rutherford to Beth-Sarim each winter. Another piece falls into place.

Earnest

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Do we have any other biographical info on Bonnie Boyd? Like....

• What was the name of her mother that accompanied her a lot?
    • Where was she born in Iowa?
    • Any names of other family members?

She is really obscure in the records. So far, I just know that she was born around 1899 in Iowa. If I could find her mother in the census data, that might help find Bonnie or at least her background in material earlier than 1930.

I am curious to see whether she had any connections with the Balkos, as they named their daughter Bonnie a few months before moving to Beth Sarim, suggesting that they already knew Bonnie -- either through the Society and Rutherford, or through a familial connection.

Blanch Balko was from Missouri....could she be related to Rutherford? And how did Mr. August H. Balko, a humble Bible Student from Texas working for an oil company in Houston, happen to have such an trusted relationship with Rutherford? Does anyone have old Watchtowers and Awakes on CD and could search to see if Balko appears in any of the literature as a person of responsibility or writing in to the magazines, at least? Just who is this guy?

Thanks everyone for your awesome help.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit