Rutherford Exposed: The Story of Berta and Bonnie

by Farkel 747 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Wonder if the historic WBTS association with Coke influenced the making of this commercial in 1971? With slightly changed lyrics you could imagine it being a Kingdom Melody.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VM2eLhvsSM

• blondie
    blondie

James Jack, Mrs./Sister Rutherford did not live in "the Mansion" if you mean Beth Sarim. The Rutherfords had been separated for many years, and she lived separately.

Edited:

Although Sister Rutherford also lived in California, I think less than 50 miles from Beth Sarim, Rutherford did not visit her.

• DNCall
    DNCall

Anna Marina: The award winning commercial you reference was shot and conceptualized by Timothy Galfas II, now deceased. Although Timothy had been a Witness for many years, he had been disfellowshipped prior to making the commercial. A couple decades later he applied for reinstatement and finished his life in good standing with the Org. He knew Rutherford. He also knew Bonnie and Bill Heath. The Galfas family the Heath family both lived in Atlanta, GA, where the Coca-Cola Bottling Co. is headquartered.

• APieceOfShitNamedTate
    APieceOfShitNamedTate

It was made by a women who in later years wore crotchless panties and bras which had holes in the nipple areas.

Pictures?

Edit: To avoid violating site rules on perntagraphy, I'm not necessarily asking that you post the pictures. But by all means, please point me in the right direction and I'll let Google do the rest.

Thank You

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

The Coke commercial even faded out to show the evil eye shape! Lol now we know where it started!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Anna Maria I wonder if watchtowers association with coke influenced the making of this commercial...

I couldn’t see the video but I presume it’s the one that begins “ I’d like to buy the world a home and furnish it with love,....

with apple trees and HONEY BEES (to molest) and Snow White turtle doves...”

People always cite 1975 as the big pull on new recruits in the 60s and 70s ( and it was). But many who were not around forget the feeling and sentiment, encapsulated in this song, of the world being a big “ melting pot” and brotherly love that was prevalent during those times ( remember post two horrendous wars).

They say emotion is what draws people into cults\ the org and folk always assume it’s negative emotion or emotion born of crises or grief. Well I knew people who were not in the middle of a deep crises, who were intelligent and even educated, who converted during this time. Perhaps they were influenced, in part, by this commercial and the sentiments it expressed....

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

DNCall - thank you for that information. Can't help wondering why he wanted to return.

Dropoffyourkeylee - I didn't notice an eye shape, do you mean the triangle shape the people make as the camera pans out - like an upside down pyramid?

Diogenesister - I remember the sentiment in the 70s. The decade started off with hippies who were love-in types. Some wanted to legalise LSD and call it the Holy Sacrament.

Dropoffyourkeylee - there's an eye on Sammy Davis Jnr's hand in this video from 1969 which reflects the Age of Aquarius feel at the time. I remember when Neil Armstrong walked on the moom, the Age of Aquarius got played like a theme to the moon landing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQSAIBD0gbE

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

For a person who was a JWS for so many years its quite a eye opening revelation to see what kind of people started this religion/publishing house along with their strategically and corruptly devised doctrines ..

That's the foundation of the organization whether you agree to it or not.

• James Jack
    James Jack
    blondie18 hours ago

James Jack, Mrs./Sister Rutherford did not live in "the Mansion" if you mean Beth Sarim. The Rutherfords had been separated for many years, and she lived separately.

This is the first time that I have read that the Rutherfords were officially "Separated". If this is true, that goes on to show the double standard of the Watchtower Org when it comes to the Society's Presidents(Russell & Rutherford), being separated/divorced, and yet continued serving in their positions, while any other person in an appointed position would be deleted!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yes it does come bit surprising that the so called self described chosen anointed one J Rutherford of the Watchtower Corporation, president and founder of the Jehovah's Witnesses was a boozing adulterer who drove around in the most expensive cars at the time and lived in luxury during the Great Depression of the 1920's and 30's.

In reality he was an opportunistic con man who delved in exploitation and deception who covered himself in view of the public's eye and members of the JWS sect with a sheet of pretentious righteousness doing the lord's work preaching the good news of Christ's new Kingdom as it were.

Thankfully there are less people who gullible and naive to the workings of these corrupt charlatans.

Related image

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit