What are you doing with your Sundays?

by Steve Egner 73 Replies latest jw friends

• Steve Egner
    Steve Egner

Hey Sean,

Great to hear from you, friend. The only problem with those pictures is that you're not in 'em.

I think it's great that you're sensitive to your wife's feelings. That's not PW'd, that's smart. If she's equally sensitive to yours, do you think she'd mind if you had your own friends and interests?

This weekend, Dave, Randy, Stephen, and I will be up in the foothills North of Darrington, stalking Dollies and Rainbows. I'll post those pics too, but it reminds me, you seem to live right smack in the middle of some great flyfishing country. The kind of rivers I only get to see in the Orvis catalog. Have you ever gone out and dipped a line? Fly casting in a scenic spot is a great meditation, even when they're not biting.

Steve

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

Sleeping in. But as soon as Football (american) starts, I'll be drinking beer and sitting on the couch yelling at the TV. SOOO much better than going to a 'meeting'

• SEAKEN2001
    SEAKEN2001

Hi Steve, Yes, she even has her own "friends" outside the cult. But it's the idea of me teaming up with other "apostates" that bothers her. She's afraid I will get DF'd. I have a few local contacts who are not Ex-JW's and she's fine with that. I'm willing to give her more time. But the offer to meet up with other's in my area still stands. I'll just tell her I went golfing. Yeah, this area is famous for fly fishing. I have not yet participated. The reservoir is also popular for fishing. I'm not a fisherman though so I haven't done either. That certainly would be a good activity for a lazy Sunday. I may take it up one day. Sean

• reboot
    reboot

Welcome Steve...happy to hear you had such a good time at the fest...your look so happy...i'm really pleased for you all that you're out of the org together...

Sundays for me usually start with a lie in as my son tends to get in with me or jump on my 17 and 14 year old instead of me cos i told him they really like it lol...

I usually start the day with breakfast outside if it's nice with the Sunday papers.... start pottering in the garden..catch up on my art.....go running or cycling....take my son to the beach to practice on his body board..maybe the cinema with the kids if it's awful weather....but we've had a few weeks of the most wonderful heat lately...in the summer we like walking to a favourite country pub a few miles away in a beautiful village..full of all sorts from politicians to farmers....they often have a jazz band playing in the beer garden ..all the kids are running around....some locals arrive on horseback one with a cart..and the horse stands patiently waiting for closing time...after he's had a pint...the teenagers are lying on the grass and the adults falling asleep or reading or talking about what's in the papers...English beer gardens in the summer.. bliss.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit