Would You Care If You Got Disfellowshipped At This Point In Time?

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• boa
    boa

minimus - your turn to answer!

• Flash
    Flash

Only in that it would confirm their suspicions of my evilness. I am shunned by most, my children included.

I will also say that I HOTLY RESENT the power the WTS still has over us regarding this issue and look forward to the day when God resolves ALL issues!

• Purza
    Purza

I have not read all the posts yet, but the answer to your question is yes, I would care and here is why. I was DF'd when I was 19. I was at the mercy with three of the "elders" in a judicial meeting. What a crock! A year later I "did my time" and was reinstated.

In any event, I left this time on my own terms and I did not want to give them the privlege, no the honor (sarcasm intended) of getting me in that back room again and grilling me. In a strange way I am proud of the fact that I was able to leave without having to go through that ordeal again. Whether I am fearful or not is a different story.

• Odrade
    Odrade

A week ago I would have said "no" but I haven't heard a peep out of any of my family since Sunday (when we didn't go to memorial.) I don't know if it's coincidence, or if they are actually shunning me. I am afraid to test my theory by calling them up and risk them hanging up on me, and I find it hurts a lot more than I expected it to. Stupid f***ing religion.

• Flash
    Flash
    I don't know if it's coincidence, or if they are actually shunning me... and I find it hurts a lot more than I expected it to. Stupid f***ing religion.

Not going to Memorial sends a strong signal. Your right though, it's wrong to be treated like a stranger over it. Shunning has become the ultimate PEER PRESSURE. It's no longer reserved for Df'd or Da'd only! It's routinely used against anyone who does'nt follow the party line!

• dawn27
    dawn27

I would care for the fact that it would be on their terms and it would give them opportunity to paint me as an aweful person in public. I would rather D.A. because I saw the religion for what it was and I'm the one that left. The only reason that I haven't Da'd yet is because of the hurt that it would cause my family who have been understanding and not shunned me to this point. Before I make that step, I want to talk to each of them individually and dispel any misunderstandings or hurt feelings that might arise.. let them know that it is not them I am leaving but the watchtower society.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

I am 3rd generation so the WT$ is holding my clan hostage.It S**ks bigtime.

I had an 'eventful' exit and now have the pleasure of giving the devils a good run for their money.Show Me The Money

My advice as an apprentice cult-buster is: Be a 'coy roy' and 'don't look back jack'...

Just go Missing [ M.I.A. ] Missing In Action.Don't let the control freak elders know your plans.

To use the elder subterfuge all purpose catchphrase,"It's confidential "

Also threaten to $ue They may run for cover.

• minimus
    minimus

For me at this point in time, I would care. But after my daughter's wedding, i would care much less.

• ruby
    ruby

There is so much hostility involved in your replys?????

Being disfellowshipped should be no real shocker. When you took an oath and were baptized you were made well aware at that time that failing to keep that promise would result in being disfellowshiped. It's not as if they are trying to trick you........

My mother is disfellowshipped and she is well aware of why that was done. It's pretty much cut and dry. She has no hostility, she decided that she was not willing to carry out her promise to God and so as promised at the beginning there would be a punishment for that. If she never wanted to be disfellowshipped she should have never been baptized. But she respects the JW's for sticking to their word. In doing so they keep the congregation protected from hurtful words and doings. If they didn't do things the way they did it would be much like any religion. Resulting in them losing the strong faith and morality they have. Why is that such a hated thing.

I don't understand......? God's yes means yes and his no means no. That is the way it's always been. But there is one piece of hope, and that is he is a forgiving God. All one must do is ask for that forgiveness and he is there at your side once again, loving and protecting you.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Just don't let it be filled with hatred.

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Hey, everybody, gather 'round - help the ostrich get her head out of the sand - she's stuck.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit