American idol

by shera 39 Replies latest jw friends

• shera
    shera

Who was voted off tonight?

Thanks

• flower
    flower

Camille from hawaii ( if i remember correctly). She was the one, I think, cause she sang pretty bad tonight and last night.

• shera
    shera

Thanks again,thats who I thought was going to go. Perhaps the red headed guy as well.

• Gopher
    Gopher

That red-headed guy was in the "middle third", meaning that of the remaining 9, he was voted #4, 5 or 6. Unbelievable. He sings with little emotion and has no star quality. He's getting votes from somewhere, though.

The winner after all this is said and done has to be George Huff (I hope I got the name right). Well he's my favorite for now. He sings the lights out, and then he gets this grin on his face that says "I can't believe I'm really here, gosh!"

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Its rigged. There are too many talented women.

• flower
    flower
    He's getting votes from somewhere, though

LOL Actually, I called and voted for him (several times) last night! . He was pretty bad last night but I think he actually has a nice voice and is one of the few that can really sing if they are given the right song. And hes just cute and different so I didnt want him voted off. lol

I also voted for Jenifer Hudson who I think should win the whole thing. That girl can sing, but she has to get over her nerves.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

My vote is for George, too!

I also like Jennifer Hudson. She did a terrific job singing the theme from the Lion King last night. Gave me goosebumps!

Poor Camille......looked like she was about to break into tears from the onset of the show :(

It was tough last night, having them try to adapt Elton John's songs to fit their own styles! I saw Barry Manilow on GMA this morning, and he said he's going to be on AI soon, just like Elton John was last night I guess.He said he had tried to help the kids on singing his songs, so THAT should be interesting as well!

hugs,

Annie

• Gopher
    Gopher

I think Barry Manilow is up next week on IDOL. As much as I like Elton John's music, I think the singers will have an easier time adapting Barry's songs. It seems that in the last 25 years, more people have covered Barry's songs than Elton's. Expect to hear Copacabana, Could it Be Magic, and my favorite one: Weekend in New England.

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy
    That red-headed guy was in the "middle third", meaning that of the remaining 9, he was voted #4, 5 or 6. Unbelievable. He sings with little emotion and has no star quality. He's getting votes from somewhere, though.

I liked John in the beginning, but he's had two bad weeks in a row. This week, he was hands down the worst. However, he's going to be on there for a while. Everyone's gramma and great-gramma are voting for him! He'll probably leave in two weeks, but should be the next to go.

My favorite was Amy Adams (who left last week). I'm now rooting for Jasmine, but I think in the end it's going to be between George and Fantasia.

CountryGuy

• flower
    flower

lol CG.

sssshhh.. I'm a closet Harry Connick Jr fan so thats probably why theres something about his style that I like. I agree with you he was better early on in the competition. He was pretty bad yesterday, but i dont think jenifer hudson was 'great' this week either.

Fantasia..there is something about her voice that I dont like..but she has the confidence and attitude to make it to the end.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit