Hey im NEW

by kozmik 108 Replies latest jw experiences

• kozmik
    kozmik

I pertain to a congregation in the Orange County. From the ages of around 5-16 i went to all the meetings etc etc. I am currently 18 years of age, Although i am not the ''ideal'' christain boy, i have strong faith in Jehova. I appreciate everything i learned from childhood. My parents constantly attend but i am unable to due to Sports, 2 Jobs, and everything else. Ive pretty much left it behind except for the occasional visits. I admit that even though my faith in God's word is strong, and i appreciate the Congregation...I sin like NONE OTHER. For this i do feel bad, really i do, let me tell you a little bit about myself... I play Water Polo, i do Swimming, I do Kickboxing and Jiu Jitsu. At school i dont usually associate with the other members of the congregation, even though they are very nice kids. But i think they tell the elders that i am a man whore at school (which is kinda true, i do have many women although im starting to settle down with one) My parents dont know that i have been having sex since i was 16, i used to party ALOT...but now i stick to work and school. I get paid very well with my 2 jobs. Anyway, i still get angry and i will do what i can to defend Jehovas Witnesses.

Thanks...Peace Out

P.S. I one day plan to devote my life to the congregation once i get married and overcome this stupid phase of sin.

• franklin J
    franklin J

welcome to the forum, kozmik

I would not be so quick to judge yourself as being a sinner. You are doing what every normal red blooded guy should be doing. There is much worse you could be doing.

....about going back to meeting when you get older....after you have a wife and kids of your own you may rethink the meeting thing.

regards, frank

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Run for cover there are a lot of self proclaimed "nice" people here that don't like the Watchtower. Hey welcome, and stop sinning oh wait we can't. Somebody rigged the dice man.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    I am currently 18 years of age
    i do have many women although im starting to settle down with one

Settling down at 18, with a worldly woman is going to cause you a lot of problems. Prepare for one hell of a ride.

I one day plan to devote my life to the congregation once i get married and overcome this stupid phase of sin.

In other words, you're straying just so you can marry a worldly woman, then come back to the Org, and try converting your worldly wife. Good Luck.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Thanks kozmik. Best laugh I've had all day. Keep up the good work. The sinning part I mean.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

Hi and welcome to the board. If you've been reading here long, you'll figure out most of us have no plans of returning to the WTS and we mostly enjoy critizing it and opening our eyes to different facets of their lies. However, you're still pretty young and scared. I remember when I was just like you and I really felt bad about myself. I got over that feeling eventually.

Just remember - KNOWLEDGE IS POWER. Seek knowledge and wisdom with an open mind and you will find your way.

Peace.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Welcome to the board.

I too grew up in the organization, and sort of rebelled in small ways against it while outwardly staying "in the truth", as they call it.

Stick around here and you'll learn from a lot of folks who've been around a while and have viewed things from both the inside and the outside.

I noticed this:

P.S. I one day plan to devote my life to the congregation
    This is exactly what JW's want you to do, serve their organization. It's not about serving Jesus Christ, sorry to say. But maybe as time goes on you'll see that serving men just isn't worth it.
  • funkyderek
    funkyderek
    i have strong faith in Jehova

I think it's spelt Jehovah.

P.S. I one day plan to devote my life to the congregation once i get married and overcome this stupid phase of sin.

And if Armageddon comes before then?

• kozmik
    kozmik

Then im screwed Man...lol. Thanks for the welcomes everybody, wow this site gets alot of posting! Anyway, i know for a fact some people there are fake. But the religion definately covers the structure that the bible has set down, and i respect that. I consider myself to be different than most people, i have a whole book on ''worldly'' experiences. But i wasnt raised that way, my dad was this HARDCORE mofo, got in fights everyday as a kid, he found the Religion and has based alot of his time on it. I agree with what the elders say, it makes sense and i like knowing that i am welcome there. Besides the chicks dig the suit! haha. Anyway, when i say ''settling down'' i mean start seeing just ONE person at a time, no way am i gonna marry someone.

There are alot of questions i have been pondering on. Some of them i ask my dad and he just puts my fire out, hes really knowledgable and i think its great. Maybe i can share some of my Q's in here sometime. Oh and by the way, by posting here it is obvious that i dont agree that we shouldnt make any connection with people that are OUT of the congregation, i think thats kinda bogus...if someones faith isnt strong enough to withstand other people who have been ''tainted'' then they might as well get out!

• Valis
    Valis
    But the religion definately covers the structure that the bible has set down

in a rather perverted way perhaps...sans any semblence of humility whatsoever...this can be evinced by what they did to Viki Boer and others in the court room. Do your reading here and you will find many reasons why there is sufficint doubt to find the JW brand of christianity suspect and downright awful. Welcome to the forum.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit