How the Women of the Media Sell Unhappiness and Liberalism to the Women of

by RubyTuesday 45 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

ruby

my thoughts were kinda going ..... here she is now expounding this viewpoint, and STILL telling us how to feel ... seems as if she thinks all women are guided by these 'old-fashioned' magazines .... a bit elitist? ... us poor uneducated masses, yada yada ... but as I say, just my take, glad you could see it that way *ie, see my comments, not necessarily agree with them *

we'll have to compare notes after checking out the book ......

btw, have you read 'The Beauty Myth' by Naomi Wolf? You'd probably enjoy it ... she examines this issue as well, published (I think) in the late 80's.

tal

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

Phantom...sorry if you thought I was insulting you..not my intention at all. Thought you where insulting my pic (looks) so I thought if you where so hot why didn't you post your pic. I don't see where I kept telling you to post your pic.Just figured if you are going to insult someones looks then you should put your face out there.Truly sorry.

Truce??

• Xena
    Xena

Wellll it is a "discussion" board....but hey whatever

Why not just say "no opinions that don't agree with mine are welcome" in your opening post, would probably save everyone a lot of trouble

Bradley your a dick

• logansrun
    logansrun

Xena,

Was that entire post you just made directed at me? I'm open to all opinions. Hope you don't feel otherwise.

And, I would like to think I have a dick, not that I am one, which is better than thinking I am a dick and not having one (?).

B.

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

talesin...

No I haven't read that book(The Beauty Myth) I will check it out.(Think I have heard of it)

I would love to compare notes with you when I read the book.If anyone else wants to ....feel free to pm me.

• Xena
    Xena

I read the Beauty Myth...good book...something I really needed at one time. Shame how screwed up women have been due to the media and false expectations placed on them.

No Bradley only the comment with YOUR NAME in it was directed at YOU

• Love_Truth
    Love_Truth

Looks like a book worth reading.

• Hyghlandyr
    Hyghlandyr

I dont really see a difference in being a dick and having a dick. Personally I dont mind bein a dick. I just dont like bein a peanut head. Good thing I am beautiful to look at. And Ive had a pick but it aint appearin in here for some reason so I dont know the deal. But I have flowing long curly hair, training bra cleavage, b uck teeth, hairy butt, bow legs. All the things that chicks dig in a dude.

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

Xena.. I am working on my delivery.. Not an expert yet on posting etiquettee...but am trying.

• Xena
    Xena

lol no worries Ruby...sorry if I came across a bit testy...I think it's being in the same thread as Bradley...I need to just learn to avoid any thread I see him post to

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit