How the Women of the Media Sell Unhappiness and Liberalism to the Women of

by RubyTuesday 45 Replies latest jw friends

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

Ohhh...you mean me Logan....thank you and yes... hot women can be intelligent also.

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

Just in case that was MIS-interpreted, I was not casting doubt on anyone's degree of hotness, but on any relationship between said degree of hotness and political orientation.

Stand down:)

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

BTW...I don't consider myself far right wing. I agree and disagee with certain issues on both sides. Nothing is black and white. I stopped being an extremist whenI left the "truth".

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

Hmmm...hotness in a woman is an indicator of political leaning? I'm assuming irony...I hope.

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

Ruby, why did you edit out your statement to me about my photo?

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

Because I later thought that maybe you where referring to Myrna.Where you , or where you trying to insult me?

So why don't you post your pic?

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

Hmmm... 'cause I don't want to?

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

You never answered my first question.

• talesin
    talesin

excerpt from The Kirkus Review

Blyth, who has a punchy style that favors loaded terms like ?pampered? ?smug? ?slick? ?shriek? and ?whine? an offers a gossipy, insidersview of the world she writes about, and has a well-honed knack for talking directly to her readers. You aren?t really a lot like those elitist liberal Media Quens, she explains to the reader, implying, it seems , that a better likeness is to her, a noce, honest, right-wing conservative. What?s clear is not only where she stands but that knows a sound bite when she writes one. Ann Coulter fans, this one?s for you.

imo, ruby

So she sucked all the money she could out of this corrupt horrible system, now she's writing a gossipy book so that she can get women to pay $$$ to read a bunch of self-righteous hogwash hooey about how SHE is so good now that she's no longer making big bucks running her own little empire. Sounds worse than a reformed smoker "oh, I know I used to be like that, but I'm all GOOD now". Blecchhhh!

Also, if Liz Smith likes it so much ... well after reading her 'memoirs' (an exercise in name-dropping that really said little about who the woman is), it is clear to me that she is nothing but an over-rated gossip columnist. Her recommendation means less than nothing to this reader ... she's been a mainstay of COSMO since the get-go.

Furthermore, the 'champions' of liberal causes do not lie in GH, Bubba Wawa, Diane Sawyer or Redbook, but in Ms., Bitch, Mother Jones, Maya Angelou, Gloria Steinem, Ani Defranco et al.

What a buncha hooey. That having been said, I'll take a look at the book next time I go to the Library, who knows, maybe she has some points ... Always ready to give someone at least a look-see.

talesin

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

If I were to stoop to insulting anyone, they would not be in doubt about it :)... and I would not then edit out the crack after it was replied to, and call it "correcting formatting".

I was actually reprimanding Bradley, as you well know, and if you want to talk smack about my photo's not being up here, you can keep your theories about why it's not out here to yourself... as is proper protocol on this board, as I recall.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit