What Is The Most Ridiculous Thing You Have Heard From A Witness?

by minimus 133 Replies latest jw friends

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

When my disfellowshiped sister passed away, most witnesses would, in a very awkward way, avoid to talk about the resurrection as they believed it was not likely that God would ever bring her back. Instead, there was an elder who told me that to "stand away from God means certain death"; almost like she deserved what happened to her. It was on that day that I understood how words can hurt.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Without reading previous posts, I am sure I will not be the first to say :

David Splane's pathetic video "explaining" the generation belief.

NB. It is repeated in an upcoming Midwek Workbook, so I am told.

• Giordano
    Giordano

"If that Catholic John Kennedy gets elected president you know Armageddon is coming!!!

"No one will ever walk on the Moon........ the Earth is where Jehovah wants us'.

Also in the early 1960's I was helping a brother paint his house......he declared it finished. I asked him why don't we put a second coat on it. He answered 'cause Armageddon will be here before the first coat wears out.'

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

StephaneLaliberte

That was such a cruel thing for him to say....how utterly heartless.

JWs can be very cold hearted and clinical. We had a sister here who gleefully said that a family who were killed in a car crash died because they should have been at the convention that day. (they had not gone to the convention but taken a day out with the family and sadly were involved in a collision)

They say some pretty stupid, and often nasty, things, don't they?

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

"Friends, this may be our last convention before armageddon."

That was back in 2002.

• Miss Worldly
    Miss Worldly

StephaneLaliberte - what a shocking, callous thing to say. Do they lack compassion because they lack the social skills every child develops through into adulthood if given the freedom to decide themselves what is wrong or right?

I was told that after Armageddon he would greet my parents (both deceased), shake my Dad’s hand and tell them he had known their daughter.........

I mean, what the feck?! Is it blackmail or lack of understanding grief? Talk about below the belt! Had to say, Whoa! Stop right there, how dare you say that to me?

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

sir82 I think my parents went through 6 of those last cars before Armageddon. One brother I knew swore up and down that the only way we can not hurt the earth anymore in the new system was run around naked and live under bushes or caves. Lol. Still Totally ADD

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Some years after leaving I had achieved a Bachelor of Science degree, consciously left religion behind and become an atheist, volunteered for a charity fighting world poverty and my JW mother said 'you are being left behind. We are making spiritual progress and you haven't progressed spiritually at all'

Really nothing I could reply to something as stupid as that.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW
    Friends, this may be our last convention before armageddon."
    That was back in 2002.

That's been said numerous times before 2002.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry
    ... they're building this huge stadium for nothing because Armageddon will come long before (1976 Olympic Game). Ironically there were several international conventions in that stadium.

As well as elders earning a living with contracts cleaning it (and pioneers earning some working for them)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit