Why are JW talks & publications never uplifting?

by thedepressedsoul 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

It's a form of terrorism with the threat of violence (Armageddon) being the power base of this religion. If you don't think this is true read the posts of people on this forum who know the TTATT and who still have fears about the big A.

When fear is used as the motivation for so-called morality it is going to be depressing.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    I agree with your comments stirred!
  • FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

On the flip side, I heard my still-JW wife telling my mother on Skype recently that she really feels alive again going back to work in the city once a week, She is a massage therapist.  Recently she has been doing a lot of cross-training She always gets lots of postive feedback from her clients and students. I hope the office she is working with now continues to be successful.

She never comes back from the meetings with anything but: the friends (some of them) said they miss you. She is currently attending less than 50% of the meetings, but she does go out in service once or twice a week,. I wonder when she is going to get an invitation for some counsel about being regular?

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    I'm so glad you brought this up. I have noticed that in particular since the BROADCASTING has taken place the spirit in the congregations has been poor. The talks are dog shit!
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Good observation 'level the playing field"!

I agree!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit