Why does God allow people to develop 'forbidden' special powers?

by SM62 197 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    I wonder why these auras can't be captured with any sort of photographic equipment.

But they CAN, Doc....http://www.anzwers.org/free/mbs/aura/

Frannie B

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Frannie...that pic hasn't been digitally altered? That's what an aura looks like to those that can see them? What is the "aura equipment" she speaks of?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Wednesday said,

...It just floated through the wall, and that was it.

That must have been something to see!

No one has said that strange or unexplainable things do not happen.

Strange and unexplainable events do not, in themselves, demonstrate the existence of "another world." They are not a good reason to become the follower of a charlatan.

Why is it that rationalists and scientists have less trouble saying, "I don't know" than metaphysicians do?

• wednesday
    wednesday

Yes it was something. It scared my husband and I . I just said, "did u see that?(after a few moments during which i did a reality check)" and he said"yes" , we both were so frightened we could not even talk about it. Of course, it was some time ago, and we did chalk it up to demons. Truly, i do not know now, except we both did see it, and neither of us was smoking the funny cigs or drunk, or any olther way "altered". I really don't have a clue what it was, b/c it never returned.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    Frannie...that pic hasn't been digitally altered? That's what an aura looks like to those that can see them? What is the "aura equipment" she speaks of?

Here's a site about the Kirlian camera/Kirlian photography that will explain it much better than I could, Doc http://www.kirlian.org/kirlian.htm

Nope the image wasn't altered....but you can "Google" the word "kirlean" or "kirlian" with camera or photography and come up with sites that are both pro and con the subject.

Frannie B

• Mac
    Mac

Some interesting stuff that I've witnessed first hand:

My oldest son has an uncanny ability for "sensing" things that he has no knowledge of and of events that are about to happen

A few examples...they aren't dramatic but, they are interesting:

When watching football games he has on many occasions out of the blue announced that such and such a player will be injured in the next play...he has never been wrong. And he has never been wrong about the eventual winner of the game at halftime no matter what the score looks like at the time.

At Christmas he can pick up a package and tell you what is inside or at least some things about the contents that he could not possibly know by holding or shaking the box. He feels colors. One year we thought we'd be really swift and handed him a box and he said it was plaid...of course it was. If he can't assess the object completely he at least knows the shape or color or function...explain that? He's even gone as far as to tell someone what they are going to get him prior to purchase. Once my younger son wanted to go in on a gift with us because he couldn't afford the whole amount..it was a Nintendo being sold for $99. My youngest said you'll never guess what I'm getting you for Christmas.............My oldest said..."It's plastic, black, and there is some orange on it..and oh...it' costs $49.50."

We once thought we'd gotten him a pretty swell surprise that he'd never guess. My wife said to him."I can't wait to see your face when you see your gift!" His reply......"I can't wait to attend that Bull's game." Yeppers, we had gotten him Bulls tickets. He does this all the time and with so many things.

He also has a strange effect on metal when he gets angry. Once we were digging some post holes after a rain. The ground was soft and somewhat muddy. The diggers were industrial quality with handles of heavy pipe. Some mud splashed in his face and he said "I quit" and handed the post hole diggers to me......the handles were both bent in perfect gracefull arches..not kinked...but in a manner that would require heating with a torch or mechanical bending. I'm a pretty strong guy....much stronger than him and I couldn't budge them....I even tried jumping on the handles while he held them and couldn't get them to bend.

A similar thing happened while he was mowing one day. I had just purchased a new mower and he was using it and getting progressively angry because the deer flies were attacking him in relentlessly. He rolled the mower back to me and said "Take a look at this!" Both handle sections were bent halfway to the ground in perfect arches once again.

Just two days ago my wife had filled out and faxed a form for some stuff that he wanted her to order for him while he was at work. When he walked in the door after work she told him she had placed the order. He glanced at her and smiled and told her she'd messed up line three. She said "Yeah, right!". The next day she was notified of a math error on line three of the form. Just everyday stuff in my house! Won't even get into the effects he has on electronic equipment.

mac, "I see incredulous people" class

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Frannie, interesting stuff. I have never heard of Kirilian photography before today. Here are some alternate explanations for the corona effect captured by Kirilian photography:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirlian_photography
    http://skepdic.com/kirlian.html

The fact that inanimate objects (objects with no bio-energy) produce a corona when filmed in this manner lead me to believe the scientific explanation.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

very interesting, mac.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

mac...that is wild. I think your son is "The One" and should go see the Oracle immediately.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Interesting Mulan. Do you instantly see it or does it take several seconds to appear?

No, it is immediate, when I think about seeing the aura. When I first tried to see auras, it took quite awhile to see them, and now it is instant. I had a customer years ago that was an American Indian, with lots of "weird" powers. She always talked about my aura when I went into her shop.............."you're depressed today, your aura is dull," .............another time, she told me I was going through a terrible, realization of truth, that was devastating me. That was when I was first admitting to myself that the WTS was not what I thought it was.

But we often had aura conversations, and one evening when I was there, she took me outside and in the dark showed me how to see auras. Ever since then, I've been able to see them. She also told me I was part Native American, and I didn't know that at that time, and hadn't learned that about my family yet. It's true............I am 1/8 NA. She told me I had many powers that I needed to develop. It really freaked me out. Her shop was a magic shop, and I sold health products to her, when I was still a JW, but going into her shop gave me the creeps. When I learned the real truth, it didn't bother me a bit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit