My DA letter

by Winston Smith :>D 74 Replies latest members private

• bebu
    bebu

Paul,

I feel so glad for you, thinking about how you have been working thru this situation and managing to think so clearly, and deciding to DA in the fashion you did. I realize that everyday means a possible change, but the goal is closer and more reachable each day as well.

You're really an inspiration to me! It's hard for me to put into words!

Please keep us updated (I will look now to see if you have somewhere else!)

bebu

• Badger
    Badger

Excellent, Paul...Excellent...

I would like to formally request permission to borrow parts of it for when I need it...Thanks a lot!

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D
    I would like to formally request permission to borrow parts of it for when I need it...Thanks a lot

badger

No problem. If anyone wants to use the letter of parts there of for private or public use, I'm happy that it can be put to goos use by others.

Best,

Paul

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Your well-thought out letter put tears on my face.

It expresses the sentiments of so many of us.

This is defenitely a keeper.

I hope your wife comes around soon.

Wannaexit

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

WD. Everything is summed up neatly in your words, " I used their rules against them!" Gee, you brought back so many memoreis of my writing to the local elder, the branch office and the headquarters. My last one was 21 pages long and like you, 'I used their rules against them.' That is the best way to approach them. After all the letter writing, I finally got back a letter with four sentences!

It is such a shame that such a letter will be taken in a negative light by the elders. You did the right thing in writing such an informative thought provoking letter. Really, they have no defense. I would be really surprise if they rebut your letter. As a former elder, I couldn't and wouldn't answer your letter. I would visit you, listen to you and then wish you the best in your life. I never expelled anyone when I was an elder.

I'm interested in knowing their response. Once again, an informative and thought provoking letter.

Guest 77

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

winston; great job . i read it twice!!!!!!!! if these elders are honest at all they will come to you with thier heads down . and say that you are right , but i guess you can't expect that from men that don't have jesus in them. a true work of art..... freedom in christ john

• shamus
    shamus

Call me toby. I replied to the wrong thread... sorry.

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

You're really an inspiration to me! It's hard for me to put into words!

Please keep us updated (I will look now to see if you have somewhere else!)

Bebu

You, among the many others here, sure have expressed the kindest words about my DA letter; I am really blown away by the response. I cannot fully express how happy I am that others have found the letter so touching and useful.

Here is an update:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/63245/1.ashx

Your well-thought out letter put tears on my face.

It expresses the sentiments of so many of us.

Wannaexit

Again, I really don?t know what to say except thank you and I am glad that you were touched.

After all the letter writing, I finally got back a letter with four sentences!

Guest 77

And what can they say when confronted with the truth by someone who is no longer scared of their fear mongering, mind-control tactics? I think that writing these letters that no one else will read in the WTS at least gives us a chance to put our thoughts and feeling on paper. IMHO it has to serve some therapeutic benefit and can serve as reference material in the future.

It is such a shame that such a letter will be taken in a negative light by the elders. You did the right thing in writing such an informative thought provoking letter. Really, they have no defense. I would be really surprise if they rebut your letter. As a former elder, I couldn't and wouldn't answer your letter. I would visit you, listen to you and then wish you the best in your life. I never expelled anyone when I was an elder.

Guest 77

That is an interesting observation from elder perspective. Thx for sharing that.

winston; great job . i read it twice!!!!!!!! if these elders are honest at all they will come to you with thier heads down . and say that you are right , but i guess you can't expect that from men that don't have jesus in them. a true work of art..... freedom in christ john

Thx John.

And yes, it is a marvelous freedom. I keep referencing the words, ?My yoke is kindly and my load is light.? And ?The truth will set you free!?

I had a hard time rationalizing these words to the JW life when I was a JW. But they ring true now.

Umm, sure. Whatever floats your boat, Toby

~Paul [who thinks that 'Winston' sounds cooler than 'Paul' ]

• Garnet
    Garnet

Paul,

Your letter was well thought out and excellant! You obviously put your heart and soul into it and I hope that whomever reads it really takes it to heart. I was very moved by it myself and only wish I had the guts to do it also(I'm a Fader). I am very glad that things with your wife are looking up and that although she is still "in", the two of you are working things out (when my hubby stopped going, it was very rough - funny how it all works out). I only hope the best for you and will keep you in my prayers.

Much Love

Garnet

• DigitalFokus
    DigitalFokus

First off: I was very touched by your letter. And also would like to show this to my mother who while not being a dub clings to some of their false teachings blindly. Secondly but just as important: When I first came in contact with the dubs the family that took me in initially showed me what brotherly love truely is. It wasn't until years later that those fronts came tumbling down when i was df'ed for smoking even though i wanted to quit and was repentant. whatever... i am happy it happened, it would have happened anyway. when reading your letter i was touched by what i read was True Brotherly love expressed by you in the way you worded and the obvious thoughtfullness that you have inside you. it reminded me of the feeling of true love and compasion i once experience with 2 specific jws,even though it was fake (the jws not yours) You sound like a very good man and i wish you the best with your wife and life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit