My DA letter

by Winston Smith :>D 74 Replies latest members private

• bebu
    bebu

WOW!

That was an amazing letter! You certainly put to use your break from JWD in an excellent way. You have no need to simplify it for any person, in my view. It is all well-organized, easy-to-read, forceful with facts, and yet so very graceful.

Winston, you certainly have my prayers for whatever comes next for you, and for your wife to be pried away as well. (Will you be sharing this letter with her as well?)

God bless you in all ways these days.

bebu

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Thank you all for reading it. I feel quite liberated for having forced myself to sit down and write out my personal reasons for breaking from the WTS. I am happy to see that so many feel that it was a well thought out, kind hearted, and persuasive letter. I hope that others here can benefit their loved ones from the information in the letter as well

A few points:

1. I think that I may indeed just FWD this letter to my friends with a cover letter that has a simple plea to review the information that I am forwarding them.
    2. While I would like to include the information regarding the UN, Russel?s gravesite, and Mexico & Malawi, the point that I am trying to make comes across with or without those three points included. It would be better that I presented the information that I gathered as ?apostate and Internet free? as possible to ensure that those reading the letter have little reason to put up the defense mechanisms that have been carefully installed into all JW?s.
    3. feel free to use and post any information included here, but please do not post it publicly until next week Monday. I appreciate your consideration for my circumstances in asking me for my permission.
    4. I will give my wife the opportunity to read the letter. It is my hope that she does. There is a small chance that she may. We still talk of these matters in a somewhat calm matter, so we?ll see. She has been cool with me now leaving my ?apostate? literature out now, so that?s a decent sign.

Best,

Winston.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Absolutely brilliant -- I wish I had your courage

• starfish422
    starfish422

Holy cow, Winston. Good for you. I think my letter was a single, succinct paragraph. LOL Good for you for "witnessing" to them.

• morty
    morty

Winston,

What a very humbling letter....Just to let you know, I have a very short attention span, and could not pull myself away from your long letter...

You have done your homework, And they are going to be lost for words when they read it....I wish you much happiness and freedom...

Morty.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I hope a softhearted elder reads it through. Our elder friend who recently started posting here gives me hope that there are good men hiding in the organization. Regardless, I loved it!

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

I was totally blown away by your letter. Congratulations... well done!

• little witch
    little witch

Bravo, Winston!

I do wish your wife could have been as proud of you as we are, and signed off too.

I wish you well. God knows you deserve peace of mind after all that has happened.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Winston, You did very well; and your decision to keep only Biblical and Watchtower/Awake information is right on too. It gives them no surface on which to place the label "apostate". Please keep us informed of any response from friends who receive your letter. I hope your hunger to know, and your willingness to deeply investigate continues in regards to truth. j

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Just great. I'm sure your 'elders' will never forget what they read, whatever the official response.

Take care,

Narkissos

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit