My DA letter

by Winston Smith :>D 74 Replies latest members private

• little witch
    little witch

Paul,

That is good news indeed!

I hope things work out for the good of you and your family.

Praying to Jesus is questionable? How rediculous of them. In spirit, I walked that 20 feet with you!

• Euphemism
    Euphemism
    Paul Griger, Mukwonago, WI

Congratulations on your freedom, Paul!

And willy... it appears that I overreacted, so please accept my apologies.

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

Hey dude! You have my support! I'm still trying to do the "slow-fade-thing!" But to each his own. If my brother weren?t in it, I would have done exactly what you did! Although you may still have to proceed cautiously, because the "Elders" will encourage your wife to separate from you (can this be "true" Chrisitanity??hehe), you?ll need to use a bit of discernment. I?m glad you?re caring for your wife the way you are. You?re still her closest friend. May that never change!

I talked to a good friend of mine a few days ago, who's younger than you, but was raised in the "truth." Anyway, he, wife, and 3-kids (whom I adore), haven't been to meetings, regularly, in about 3 years. We had a very in interesting chat recently, where he really expressed his dissatisfaction with the "organization!" It?s very interesting that when a person doesn?t attend meetings for a period of time, their spiritual "vision" clears-up. They start to see clearly what the real issues are. They can discern the duplicity between what is taught and what is actually practiced.

Earlier this year, we all met (including his dad ? one of my closest friends, who?s only going through the motions now, but wants "out" ? I?ve mentioned him in my phone conversations with you ? my friend "Jack") in Orlando, Florida; we went to Universal Studies and had a wonderful time. Oh yes, there is "life" after the BORG! Let your wife see your fine conduct together with your own "deep respect" for her and in time she?ll probably leave too. But don?t push her, especially with her depression.

Anyway dude, you can now focus in on helping your wife cope with her problems and move on! I wish you all the best! Take care! Keep in touch! You always have a friend here!

Cyberguy.

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

Yay, Paul! This sounds wonderful!

• codeblue
    codeblue

Winston:

I have been wondering where you have been....By the looks of this letter you have been quite busy and very studious.

Excellent letter and written very well!!! Using the scriptures to base your feelings is quite the way to go and very impressive.

Glad to hear you and your wife are having "dates"....I am very happy that things are going better for you both.

Can you keep us posted about the "response" to your letter? If you feel you can???

Take care and to you!!!

Codeblue

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

My own journey out has been made as pleasant as possible by my wife's open attitude, which has in just the past few months moved forward so fast I have trouble keeping up. For a long time I was reluctant to discuss my serious doubts with her, and now she's way ahead of me

Willy

Wow willy, that?s exciting. Good luck!

In spirit, I walked that 20 feet with you!

Little witch

That was a sweet thing to say. Maybe it was you that was making me laugh then J

Congratulations on your freedom, Paul

Euphuism

Thx euph!

you may still have to proceed cautiously, because the "Elders" will encourage your wife to separate from you (can this be "true" Chrisitanity??hehe), you?ll need to use a bit of discernment. I?m glad you?re caring for your wife the way you are. You?re still her closest friend. May that never change!

cyberguy

Hey cyberguy,

Ya, I?m sure that there will be little skirmishes here and there. I hope that as long as I treat her as someone who is part of my ?one flesh?, that I have a better chance of winning out than the WTS does.

It?s very interesting that when a person doesn?t attend meetings for a period of time, their spiritual "vision" clears-up. They start to see clearly what the real issues are. They can discern the duplicity between what is taught and what is actually practiced.

Cyberguy

I think it was Gary Buss that said that if someone can get away from all WTS activity for 3 weeks straight that a person can have a chance to see that the world isn?t what the WTs cracks it up to be and that the WTS doesn?t have a lock on the spiritual paradise. People can wake up.

Yay, Paul! This sounds wonderful!

Kgfreeperson

Thx, it is. Things are going well right now.

Excellent letter and written very well!!! Using the scriptures to base your feelings is quite the way to go and very impressive.

Can you keep us posted about the "response" to your letter?

Codeblue

Thx codeblue, I am happy with the way the letter turned out. The only response I have gotten after personally handing in the letter last Friday was from my wife. She did read it. She thought it was mean spirited and focused in on the negative. I didn?t expect anything but that response, but maybe some seeds have been planted that will take root in the future when she is ready.

Thx all,

Paul

• shotgun
    shotgun

Paul...you da man

I'm glad that we have been able to share life experiences, yours has taken a new twist which gives me a measure of hope for mine.

I feel that before long I'll have to do what my flippin hero did and make the firm stance, for now the ice is still too thin to plant my feet.

I'm not sure why the wife found your letter mean spirited, I'm surprised but glad that she read it.

Have a good week bud, now that the weight of the organization is off your shoulders.

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

I am very glad she read it--but disappointed that she found it mean spirited. Are you able to get her to talk about what she means point by point, or is she, in effect,just wrinkling her nose and unable/willing to speak to the issues?

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I see you've revealed your identity Paul! Things are sounding pretty good right now, let's hope the elders don't stick their noses into your business with your wife. Only time will tell. Good luck on your new life out of the WT organization! I'll keep you in my prayers to Jesus LOL!

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

Wow! What a great letter! Like Morty, I don't have much patience in reading long posts, but I stuck through it to the end, and read all the other comments to boot!

Thank you for giving permission for us to use your letter as needed. My step-father was recently asked to be an elder in his congregation, and I plan on printing out your letter and asking him how he would respond if he got this letter. I hope he takes what you have to say to heart.

Again, great letter! Congratulations on becoming borg-free!

growedup

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit