JEHOVAH

by minimus 81 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Faraon
    Faraon
    Why dont Puerto Rican people ever name their kids Jehovah but always name them Jesus?

Why can people name their dogs Zeus, but not Jehovah? Same mythological powers.

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

I think the Son of Sams dogs name was Jehovah? Or jehophat? I forget?

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

His real name is Jim.

• avengers
    avengers
    What's your view on the name "Jehovah"?

After 30 years of having been walled in I now have a totally different view on the name "Jehovah".

I don't think anyone here would appreciate my view on the name. In fact I think the first moderator
    would remove the post.

So, for the sake of those still being imprisoned I will not give my view.

Andy

• AJN
    AJN

For those interested. You can download and/or get a hard copy sent to you.

http://www.tetragrammaton.org/itmdnnwt.htm

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Minimus,

Most bible versions took out the name Jehovah out of respect for the Jewish tradition of not pronouncing the name....

As to the exact pronounciation....unimportant...though insisting on "Jehovah" is just plain stupid. It's more of a title than a name anyhow.

I find it amusing that the JW's insist on praying using the name "Jehovah"...that God doesn't hear your prayers if you don't...I find that strange...you'd think an all powerful being would know when he wa being prayed to even if you called him Stanley.

• minimus
    minimus

Even if we never used the name "jehovah", wouldn't you think to have the tetragrammaton over 6000 times says SOMETHING???

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Minumus,may I remind you to re-study your "DIVINE NAME"brochure.It answers your question.

Blueblades

• minimus
    minimus

Blue----I'm lazy today. Please refresh my memory.....Thanks!

• gumby
    gumby

There have been numerous threads that deal with how the hebrews........BORROWED their god Jehovah from those BEFORE them......namely the ugarits. EL....Elohim, YHWH.......was a lesser god to them and not the supreme creator. Everytime this is pointed out in a thread, it gets zip response and I have never known why. It facinated me to learn about it. Maybe many still just can't drop their teddybear daddy Jehovah.....I don't know

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit