"Theocratic Warfare" still alive and well within Watchtower in 2016!

by ILoveTTATT2 23 Replies latest jw friends

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

No wonder that legions of J.W.'s minds are turned to mush with all the double-speak the Org spews out. Something will be "wrong" in one article, but "right" in the next - such as lying!

e.g. This is how the self - proclaimed "faithful slave of God" describes Rahab's lying:

w13 11/1 p. 14 - "Using simple strategy, she had misdirected murderous men who had no right to the truth."

it-2 p. 245 - "While malicious lying is definitely condemned in the Bible, this does not mean that a person is under obligation to divulge truthful information to people who are not entitled to it."

It's no wonder then that a "mature" Witness who answered up during the "Bible highlights", (which dealt with Rahab's lying) clearly stated that lying was justifiable when replying to someone who was not entitled to the truth! (as proven at the A.R.C. by the squirming elders and G.B. member)

Rahab's lifestyle and background would almost certainly have meant that she lied on a daily basis - so lying to the soldiers would have been instinctive - not the result of an epiphany.

A tip for J.W.'s - to keep a clean conscience, simply decline to answer - rather than lying!

(John 8:44) "You are from your father the Devil.....and you wish to do the desires of your father....and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him.... because he is a liar and the father of the lie."

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, so by this very reasoning, if one is ever harassed by elders, simply employ "theocratic warfare", as they are NOT entitled to know anything about our lives!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/418130001/theocratic-warfare

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

"What is Truth?"----asked Pilate of Jesus, right? If that same question were asked of the current GB, they'd answer, "Whatever we want it to be!"

Also don't forget to add the word 'soooon' to the new WT dictionary!

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Sounds like they've lifted this definition straight from the Insight book. Further evidence of lack of any original thinking, not even to disavow, or even quietly drop, one of their more clearly reprehensible statements.

I've attempted to use their own "standards" of honesty against them, but I think I simply lack the cunning to pull it off effectively.

Clearly a pretty good example of someone who does not deserve the truth is an elder asking you for information on the basis of which he intends to harm your emotional, social and physical wellbeing but cutting you off. On a level with criminals and repressive agents of authoritarian states I'd say.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro
    And that's why I make up time to keep them away from me and tell them what they want to hear. They don't deserve the truth.
  • neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney
    If they conclude a court of law is not entitled to know the truth, will Jehovah protect them from perjury charges?
  • blondie
    blondie
    Many of the BOEs have one part for the elders only and another part for the rank and file only....lying in my opinion
  • done4good
    done4good

The organization has always been duplicitous:

1. Pioneer "book" with special info only for those with said title.

2. Elder's book, (far worse).

3. Attention to appearance, "stumbling", etc.

4. "Visibility" in field service

5. All kinds of revisionist history

WTS has always been dishonest at its core. This statement is just another example thereof. It the natural outcome of a belief system devoid of self-honesty.

d4g

• OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute

I noticed that loophole also.

From now on not one single one of the eldurrs is entitled to the "truth" from me. Another WT printed get out of jail free card that can be thrown back in their faces if they accuse someone of "lying".

• Syme
    Syme

So, by their own definition, if one does not consider himself part of this structure, and has gone inactive for instance, he does not have to tell things to the curious elders, even if he hasn't DA'ed.

That's nice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit