"Theocratic Warfare" still alive and well within Watchtower in 2016!

by ILoveTTATT2 23 Replies latest jw friends

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2
    It seems like the Watchtower is still encouraging "Theocratic Warfare". In the No.1 Watchtower of 2016, they (ironically) printed an article on honesty.
    Here is something they said:
    "LyingWHAT IS IT? Saying something false to someone who is entitledto know the truth. Lying can include misrepresenting or distortingfacts in order to mislead a person, omitting key information to deceivesomeone, and exaggerating the truth in order to give a falseimpression."
    Notice the loophole!
    Lying, according to them, is saying something false TO SOMEONE WHO IS ENTITLED TO KNOW THE TRUTH!
    Meaning, EACH PERSON CAN DECIDE THAT THE OTHER IS NOT ENTITLED TO THE TRUTH AND LIE WITHOUT CONSEQUENCES!
    I guess the 8 million JW's are not considered by the Governing Body to be "deserving" of the truth!
  • daringhart13
    daringhart13

You mean like "millions now living will never die"......or

....."this generation will not pass away"

or

or

or

......this proves they just laugh in the faces of their people. They know they're lazy, fearful or choosing ignorance.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Dictionary definitions - hmmm nothing mentioned about whether someone needs to be "entitled to it" first.

a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood.
    Antonyms: truth.
    something intended or serving to convey a false impression;imposture:
    His flashy car was a lie that deceived no one.
    an inaccurate or false statement; a falsehood.
    the charge or accusation of telling a lie:
    He flung the lie back at his accusers.
  • berrygerry
    berrygerry

WHAT IS IT? Saying something false to someone who is entitled
    to know the truth.

Awesome catch.

Even in 2016, only elders, and positionally above in WT, are ENTITLED to truth.

Everyone else, WTH are you asking? Okay - back room.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

I guess soon JW will get their own dictionary for these words and topics.

• Lying
    • Neutrality
    • Generation
    • Humble
    • Voluntary
    • Increase
    • Improved
    • Science
    • Evolution
    • Love
    • Child abuse

For each of these they have either stated their own definition already, or they show their own definition by their behaviour.

BTW I know dictionaries are normally in alphabetical order, but they might have their own version as well? Just pick and choose and you'll end up with Alef, Beth, Gimel, D,EA,F,.......,Omega

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2
    Add "Creationists" to that list of their own definitions.

Like Oubliette says...
  • Rather Be the Hammer
    Rather Be the Hammer

This whole 'entitled to know the truth' thing teached me a lot about how to deal with JW. (I'm a fader btw)

I just live my life, and no, that's not a 'double life', it's my life!

I think JW don't have the right to know the truth about what I do when I'm not in the KH so I don't tell. 😁 And by their own standards, that's not lying.

Happy Birthday an Merry Christmas!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Nothing has changed. The name has gone, but that is all.

Get your JW to deny Theocratic Warfare, then ask them to explain this article to you. Have your references ready.

• curiousconfused
    curiousconfused

This is a serious point, as the rider that says that lying is only wrong when it's done to those entitled to the truth (which is a long held corruption of the dictionary definition - see the Insight Book section on the subject) means for example that the statements made by Geoffry Jackson to the RAC that directly conflict with stated policy can be dismissed under this definition. He said that a witness who decided to leave and start celebrating Christmas would not be pursued, and this is directly contradicted in the Shepeharding book. He said that he agreed that the commissions work was not an attack by apostates, and yet that is exactly what is said internally. I could go on. As I've said before, for reasons that seem more tenuous by the day, I'm still serving as an elder, but the way the organisation simple re-defines common words (see generation) is just wrong.......

• Rather Be the Hammer
    Rather Be the Hammer
    *taught, not teached. Haven't figured out yet how to edit my posts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit