When did WT lose the spirit?

by Smiles 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I joined the JW's becaus I THOUGHT they taught the truth of the Bible. When I found out it wasn't I left. If you want to, you can think that I was following "a" spirit, I prefer to think I was at a low spot in my life and they got me when I was vulnerable.

This sums up my experience exactly ,and it took me 32 years to wake up .

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

If you say the premise for us joining is because they have the spirit, then they still have the spirit today as they are still having people join.

If you say the premise for us leaving is because they lost the spirit, then why didn’t we all leave at the same time? Some people have left longer than I’ve been alive, so it’s impossible for them to have had the spirit in my lifetime, or some people left while they still had the spirit.

When did they EVER have the spirit is a good question.

• rh3988
    rh3988

This is Jonestown on a low boil with the capacity to become a death cult

It's already a death cult.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

This is Jonestown on a low boil with the capacity to become a death cult

"It's already a death cult."

"Worse Than Waco" a book by David A. Reed is quite a book. Illustrating how JW policies have taken more lives with their policies than Waco and Jonestown combined.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Smiles -At what time would you say that the Watch Tower schema lost the spirit?”

The moment they decided that they alone had it.

• Giordano
    Giordano

I agree with Vidiot the moment they decided to become a religion (Tax advantage anybody?) they lost their message and advantage. It once was a bible think group under Russell and then it became a corporation with a religion......... under Rutherford.

Knorr and Franz went along with these changes because it suited their life style....... Hell they dreamed up what the JW's were to think and how the printing corporation was to be productive. Their bull shit was all about meeting goals and a slippery number of beliefs that many were corralled into.

Like the Christian Scientist Movement and the Scientologist's they tapped out. People walk by their places of worship and hold their nose. Who's next...probably the Mormons.

It's a bitch creating a religion.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I don't think they've lost the spirit. They may have run a bit low, but we have video of Tightpants Tony stocking up at a liquor store in New Jersey.

They are FILLED with the "spirit"," as was "The Judge" before them!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Please do not reply with 'JWs never had the spirit'

Well, that's me out of the conversation.

I don't believe in god, jesus or holy spirit, so there is that.................................

• JWTom
    JWTom

Lots of good thoughts here.

As a 3rd-gen JW I would say the 1950-1975 and 1980-1990 years were likely the peaks of what the organization could become. As I posted on the recent thread about shepherding visits, what most people need is strong social relationships, friends that can/will help someone out in a difficult spot and enough money to live a decent life. As others have commented, the org. has systematically done what it can to kill off all the things I just mentioned......forget about the spirit.....many who are JWs have an awful life in general terms and the org is a major contributor to that reality.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

When did Watchtower had the Spirit. And please define "Spirit"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit