When did WT lose the spirit?

by Smiles 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Smiles
    Smiles

At what time would you say that the Watch Tower schema lost the spirit?

Like the ancient nation of Israel which struggled maintaining divine blessing due to a long series of grave errors that eventually culminated in definitive loss... How and when did Watch Tower lose the spirit?

Can we pinpoint a time or event?

• C.T. Russell failed predictions?
    • J.F. Rutherford power grab?
    • N.H. Knorr caste systems?
    • F.W. Franz false interpretations?
    • R.V. Franz ouster?
    • NGO membership in United Nations?
    • Rand Cam military tech investments?
    • R.C. Chitty homosexuality coverup?
    • Leo Greenlees homosexuality coverup?
    • Ted Jaracz rape scandal?
    • Global child sex abuse debacle?
    • Phony new GB actors?

This is a serious question.

Please do not reply with 'JWs never had the spirit'....

This question rests on a premise that Watch Tower may have, at one time in the past, actually had the spirit, which is one reason that many of us may have initially followed the Watch Tower religion.

• When did Watch Tower lose the spirit?

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    Please do not reply with 'JWs never had the spirit'....

Ok.

What convinces you Watchtower at some time in the past 'had the spirit'?

What exactly does it mean to 'have the spirit'?

What convinces you Watchtower doesn't 'have the spirit' now?

• asp59
    asp59

Think slave class moving in to that convent Betel was bad idé. They should have lived regular lives in congregations. Jesus never lived in a convent. They probably were use as org for the preaching work up to the 90s. After that downhill for them. Dont really think satan was ever interested in preaching work. Hes full of Pride and dont want to be replace in heavens. 144000 were suppose to rule as Kings and priest. A Kingdom king is suppose to be loving and priest developed singers and public readers. They seem to have thought that the only important was the preaching work. And that was that for them.

• Magnum
    Magnum

I say during the 70's & 80's in the last part of F Franz's time as oracle and when R Franz and some others seemed to be seeking real truth. In the 80's, it seems that R Franz and some other JW higher-ups were using Bible commentaries, etc. to seek better understanding. The org got scared because it realized real truth would expose its doctrines. A witch hunt ensued, and since then the org has frowned on JWs' using non-JW material to do study and research. It doesn't want JWs to learn Bible languages. The org is now not a lover of truth, but a fearer of truth and open knowledge.

***** footnote *****

I get the point of what you're asking, but, even though I'm going against your request, I have to add that, now, looking back, I don't think the org ever had "the spirit". In my answer above, I'm just indicating when a major change took place. Before that time, the org seemed honest, sincere, bold, and even somewhat scholarly. The doctrine, to me, had the ring of truth. That's why it appealed to me and the many smarter, more level-headed JWs I knew at that time.

Now, JWdom is a joke. It would be unrecognizable to many of the ones I knew a few decades ago who haven't seen it in the last twenty years. JWs run from questions. The org is no longer bold; it's puny & weak. It realizes it has lost in the doctrinal arena and is playing it safe now with dumbed down literature.

• JeffT
    JeffT

This question rests on a premise that Watch Tower may have, at one time in the past, actually had the spirit, which is one reason that many of us may have initially followed the Watch Tower religion.

Your premise is wrong, therefore the inquiry is not valid.

I converted at age 22, which puts me into the second part of your comment quoted above. I joined the JW's becaus I THOUGHT they taught the truth of the Bible. When I found out it wasn't I left. If you want to, you can think that I was following "a" spirit, I prefer to think I was at a low spot in my life and they got me when I was vulnerable. In my case what changed was something in me, not the Watchtower.

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

Answer = when it started to become a religoius publishing house. (late 1800's)

The spirit of god is not with false prophet apostates/charlatans

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

In 1954 with the demotion of Jesus Christ to angelic status. From that point onward the possibility of relationship with Jesus ended.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

A city can be assessed by the number of transactions that take place in it and the type of transactions. Collectively the individual members of the city have generally shared aspirations. .

Each congregation is made up of individuals, depending on the mix in the congregations you get more or less genuine Christians - as you do anywhere or in any denomination.

Jesus said this

(Matthew 18:20) . . .For where there are two or three gathered together in my name, there I am in their midst.”

I joined a lovely congregation but over time it changed. The sister congregation was not recognisable as Christian.

Jesus had God's Holy Spirit and he is the head of the Christian congregation. He never gave it to the Watchtower. Those in union with Jesus are individuals not corporate (which means body) entities. The body is Jesus Christ.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    When did WT lose the spirit?

It happened the moment YOU stopped projecting your own spirit, onto them.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Never. You can’t lose something you never had.

Lets review: It’s a cult!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit