I attended the meeting tonight.....

by silentlambs 76 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Outnfree,

[quote]If I were sitting there in that meeting with MY children, MY children would want to know why ex-elder Brother Bowen was not being called on, even though he was trying his darnedest to show his love for Jehovah by participating in the meeting as so often admonished to do by the faithful and discreet slave. [\quote]

Oh please, I hope you are using a parody here. If not, you cannot even be remotely serious that Bro Bowen as you call him, is even a tad bit interested in sharing the worship of Jehovah with those he knows to be sexual predators. If he truly had that in mind, would he not have decided to visit another congregation, where these known pedophiles do not attend. Of course he would. As I remember individuals switched congregations like hats, back in the late 70's.

The actions he took on this occassion were wrong. The Kingdom Hall is not public property, its private. If they want to follow him around the toilet or out into the parking lot, they have a legal right to do so. If they choose not to call on him for comments, they have a right to do so. That is what makes joining a cult, so damaging. They can do pretty much what they please, inside the confines of property and religous rites.

It is my feeling that he will accomplish much more, doing what he has done so well.....alerting the outside public about the lies and deceptions....this type of 'I'll show you' conduct that gives the WTBS 'spin doctors' ammunition to throw mud, all they need to dampen all his hard effort's. Is he really concerned about the children, or is this just another disgruntled 'postal worker'?

Imo,

DannyBear

• Skeptic
    Skeptic

Silentlambs,

I just read your post, and how the brothers treated you is disgusting. I also wonder if the child molesting brother was called on "short-notice" to make a presentation - to snub you.

I suggest you go to another meeting and bring a journalist. I'll bet you will be treated with kindness and that the child molesting brother will not present anything during the meeting.

Richard/Skeptic

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Well SL I Aplaud you and what you did ALL IF IT!!! I wished you'd had a video to show us all ahhahahah, but your typing seems to convey much of the feel.

Ok maybe the Tire thing was a bit much, BUT WHO CARES. MY word it's done so move on. Where you there, are you Bill, do you know what he was thinking, feeling, or holding back from doing? HAHHAHA I think there was probably a million ideas of FUNNY stuff he was wanting to do, but used all the self-control he could muster, and have himself one little bit of enjoyment, more power to him. We don't need him burning out, he needs to let the KH know how he feels, that's he's outraged and they need to stop 'following orders' and do whats right. If you didn't approve that's fine, it's your business, But I don't think it was fair to Rain on his (and our) Parade like that!

There's soo much he could have done, just be glad that's all he did. What on earth is the prob with following the MS around, that's just pure comedy and dint' detract from the issue at ALL!!! What it showed people was that he wasn't AFRAID of them, that you don't HAVE to follow the elders rules, that you can stand up to them BRAVO!!!

Lighten up, Bill has a life to lead. What he's done is something NO ONE else has done or could have done, so give the guy a break will ya!

Keep us updated on your progress and anticks.

Ven

• Seeker
    Seeker

I understand where joel is coming from.

What sl did in relation to what he experienced is so very very minor.
    Of course it is, and we all recognize this, and applaud SL's actions overall. But we also know that opposers get no leeway whatsoever from JW's or the WTS. 999 good things get wiped out by one bad thing, to which they will point gleefully, "See! See, told you he was no good!" Chidish, yes, but that is the reality. We see this over and over in online discussions with JWs. You present a hundred facts and they shut their minds down because you made one typo.

As joel said, those in an advocate position have to be very careful how they act. That is the purpose of public relations, after all, to be very careful that the group or organization always puts their best foot forward.

So just as SL is acknowledged to be imperfect and to have personal feelings, and to have been grossly mistreated last night, it is also valid to point out a small mistake that could be used against him. No, it's no crime what he did by any means, but the JWs in his Hall could turn it into a crime of the heart just like that. So when a friendly reminder is given to SL, he being an imperfect man trying to do the right thing, can acknowledge that yes, next time it might be better not to burn rubber out of the parking lot. Why give the JWs any excuse, no matter how lame, to turn attention from the real issue at hand: protecting the innocent children.

From what I read of joel's post, this is the point I think he was making. I think it is a valid point, too. What are friends for, after all, if not to give friendly reminders?

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Hi silentlambs

I just read your post....moving...

Myself, i cannot attend the meetings as so many things mentioned from the platform anger me...

I wonder how you manage to sit through a meeting without standing up and shouting out, knowing what those certain individuals have done???

Yours dig

Ordinary people just like you and me...
    We're the keepers of our destiny...

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Bear first of all how many are in that hall???? 60 some huh, well ya I'm sure what he did there is going to get national coverage and he'll lose all credibility HAHHAHAHAH!!! YA RIGHT. The world would love to hear what he did, I think it' be great to add that to the Dateline segment hahah!!! What have you done to help EXJW's? Have you put your life, family, money, reputation, everything you've ever stirved for in life, on hold to help OTHER people. You don't get it!! I understand that you think it was 'uprofessional' perhaps it was, but Bill's not a perfessional and that is the WHOLE point!!! He's just a regular guy doing what he HAS to do!!! HE's showing that ANYONE can stand up, they dont' have to be rich or powerful, or polished or discreet. They can be a regular guy that's had enough and wants JUSTICE, that's what he's doinf and that's what he's showing!!! I think you need to step back and re-examine the whole thing. Acussing him of posting this to get attentiong HAHAHAHAH then are you gonna accuse Englishman of the same thing for posting his story or the other 1600 posters who do the EXACT same thing becaus that is what this is for. He was SHAREING, because we want to hear, and WHO else does he have to talk to. This is a board to share what's going on, and if you start accusing people of posting because they're seeking attention then you better accuse everyone that posts evenly (except Fred Hall of course ). Bill's risked everything he has, he doens't need your critisim he needs your support!!!

Ven

• mooncrytal69
    mooncrytal69

sweetheart listen to this: they care only about one thing they reputation.with out that thier nothing. they cant have didlers in the kingdom hall.when you see an unjustice in the hall go to the police not the elders.they have special way of covering up the bs amist the cong.but i comend you for your effort and find that you are a strong person for puttingup with thier stand in that matter of diddlers
    by your side we will be there word to the mother moon

• mooncrytal69
    mooncrytal69

i hope my responce wasnt taken wrong i agree with your postion on this matter of diddlers in the kindgom hall. go get em tiger. they are crazy thinking if they think no ones going to stand up for those who cant . just as a note to you dont keep let up on it .it doesnt say in the bible that elders are judge jury and punisher.
    keep doing what your doing it going to make even a small diffrence.
    your friend from a distance moooooooooooonnnnnnnnn

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

i would like to say i appreciate the many kind remarks that have been made regarding this issue, in addition, i would like to state i do not consider myself an advocate/crusader/leader/hero or whatever. nor do i claim perfection or being absolutely correct in anything. my message if anything is, i found myself in an exceptional circumstance where i thought i could make a differance. what i did/have done is small in relation to the hundreds who have laid out their guts by telling the stories of what happened to them when they were molested. certainly not a topic most folks would want to talk about ever. yet these victims come forward, by in large, for one reason, they think it will help make a differance to protect children in the future. i feel honored to know these silentlambs who in many cases thought they were the only ones and now come to realize they are becoming a force to be reckoned with.
    the stuff about the meeting is in no way a request for sympathy, but as i stated at the end of the post, a description in a small way of what so many victims experience when they try to seek justice against criminals. many i think do not understand how quickly wt love can turn on a dime. i was the po, chaired the building committee, married and buried these friends, yet were they really friends? when i hear the victims tell of far worse treatment, these stories i hear time and again, i think it should be expressed to show the outrage so many have experienced.

i make no attempt to justify my actions or ask for anyone's approval, i just hope someday the result will justify the effort. it is about the children, not hatred, not insults, not trying to destroy wt, just children, they should be protected. the more wt stalls, misleads, and misdirects the truth, their arrogance will lead to their own undoing. perhaps that is the entire idea, arrogance to the point of destroying yourself rather than doing right by children. will this happen? i certainly hope not, the sooner wt changes policy to sooner children will be safer, the arrogant route will not be sooner.
    personally i look forward to the day when i can get on with my life. silentlambs as an organization will be someday be ran completely by victims of abuse as it should be. do i hate wt? no, i hate what they have done to children, but for that they will answer to god not me. the organization has taught me much over the years and i simply chose to appreciate what i gained by that association. yes, there were a lot of negatives, but that horse died a long time ago.

i hope you one and all find peace with the negative side of wt. i compare it to a bad marriage. after the divorce you talk about the problems all the time. finally after time passes you find another mate and move on with your life. the bad memories are displaced by the positive action of building a new life with someone you love. that is the way i think of healing the bad memories of wt for so many, by finding worthy causes that leave you little time to focus on what you lost. it is a sign of healing.

thats my story and i am sticking with it.

• bjc2012
    bjc2012

Silentlambs,

You now see Israel under demonic control! Nothing that you stated remotely resembles a congregation with Jehovah's spirit leading it. These individuals are totally under Satan's control just as natural Israel was during the first century and even before. One example is given at John chapter 9 of the man who was born blind that Jesus had healed and who the Pharisees disfellowshipped from the synagogue just because this man confessed to them that Jesus had done this. How unreasonable and unfeeling, how demonic! Jehovah's Witnesses are under the same type of leadership as was natural Israel. So you can expect to be treated as you were for exposing wrongdoing. Satan does not reward right, he only rewards wrongdoing.

Jehovah will certainly act to remove the reproach from his name that His own people are bringing upon it. In the not too distant future they can expect retribution from Him. The Bible shows that only a third of the current JWs will survive this discipline.

You have certainly shown the kind of backbone that will be required of every JW if they are to survive this discipline from Jehovah. And I know that you view what you have done just as Jesus said we should at Luke 17:10 "...What we have done is what we ought to have done." So you are obviously on the right tract.

bjc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit