Watchtower Sudy 12 July.the Kings of North & South (from 05/20 issue)

by BluesBrother 55 Replies latest watchtower bible

• TD
    TD

The British Government turned towards Europe in recent decades and certainly does not consider itself a junior party in a U S A led world power.

The average American male (Including apparently WT writers) draws his knowledge of world history from WWII movies.

These are the same ignorant people who came up with this jewel here:

"West Germany became an ally of the king of the south, and East Germany aligned itself with another powerful entity—the Communist bloc of nations headed by the Soviet Union." (Pay Attention to Daniel's Prophecy p 270)

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Ha, good catch. I wonder what Germans from the former DDR made of that summary!

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Preterist scholar Kurt Simmons offers an intriguing explenation as to how Antiochus and Caesar are intermingled in the account in Daniel 11 (according to him nothing in the Bible speaks of events beyond AD 70).

http://www.preteristcentral.com/Commentary%20on%20Daniel%20Eleven.html

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Here is an interesting analysis of the King of the north article.

https://youtu.be/eu5jkkUkEi0

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

@ TheOldHippee,

Regarding your question on page 5 of this thread, see my two comments here (just a little down from there).

The gist is that "and" (rather than "but") makes the verse a little more ambiguous. It is also out of character for the NWT (in most cases). Dan 11:20 ("but in a few days ...") and Dan 11:29 ("but not in anger ...") both use the same conjunction as in Dan 11:25 (wə·lō, see here) and the NWT dutifully renders it as "but." But not in Dan 11:25. And the original NWT came out when they were teaching an understanding that corresponds with "but." And it was only 37 years later (and after F Franz had passed) before they changed their understanding of the verse.

But see the comments I linked to just above regarding the 'mystery' of it (if you will). It is all rather curious.

• Earnest
    Earnest

The King of the North (Russia) continues to enter into "the land of the Decoration".

According to AsiaNews of 07/23/2020, the press office of the Lower Chamber of the Duma (the Russian parliament) reported yesterday that the effect of a bill passed last year (Article 7 of the federal law "On freedom of conscience and religious associations") foreigners cannot participate in the activities of Russian religious associations, or guide them. In addition to foreigners, the ban on participating and leading religious communities is also extended to people classified as extremists and terrorists, Religious personnel who have studied abroad and who show signs of "religious extremism" are also excluded.

I wonder if this is a reaction to the case of Dennis Christensen.which has resulted in international publicity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit