Watchtower Sudy 12 July.the Kings of North & South (from 05/20 issue)

by BluesBrother 55 Replies latest watchtower bible

• TD
    TD

Maybe this is a stupid question, but I thought typology had gone by the wayside except in a handful of specific instances, like the Olivet, for example.

Why are they pedalling the King of the North & South thing at all? Or is this one of those specific instances?

• sir82
    sir82

Good question.

Obviously they think this is one of those "special instances", but they don't explain why.

One can speculate of course. The whole "KOTN / KOTS" hoo-ha supposedly leads right up to the "cry of peace and security" which in theory starts the "great tribulation".

Take away the KOTN / KOTS folderol and that "cry" might be 6 months or 6 years or 6 decades away. But if you say "Ooooh, looky here, we've got a King of the North again" then it seems the GT could be "imminent".

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    I don’t think they regard it as typology, because they don’t recognise an initial ancient fulfilment of the verses, only a modern day one.
  • sir82
    sir82
    initial ancient fulfillment

Wasn't that all those ancient Egyptian, Greek, & Roman rulers? Seleucus, Ptolemy, Cleopatra, Augustus, etc.

That's like 2 whole chapters in the 1999 "Pay Attention to Daniel's Prophecy" book.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yeah, the early part of the prophecy has an ancient fulfilment, and the later verses apply to modern times in a chronological sequence. The point is that no verses (as far as I’m aware) have two fulfillments, as is the pattern with typological interpretation.

The greater Moses, the greater Jehu, the greater Noah, and so on.

• TD
    TD

I guess there is a linearity to it and a point where JW's believe the time frame jumps forward.

Okay. So although not a type, horses and war chariots are still morphing into tanks and fighter jets through the lens of interpretation, so it's every bit as absurd ..

• sir82
    sir82

Don't forget the "Ships of Kittim"!

• waton
    waton

wt may be saying KON = Russia this weak, but, the real confrontation is with the rising Chinese empire, South china sea, north Korea, Virus, trade. Honk Kong, the softy brits being pushed out.

A perfect storm with a mighty kid like trump at the helm. really,

there is enough ambiguous material in the bible to fit any circumstances anytime.

• JustChillin
    JustChillin

I canNOT believe anyone still would care what they have to say about the "king of the north/king of the south". They've changed it so many times and it never makes sense anytime at all. I'm literally sitting here chuckling. I first heard about this BS 40 years ago and they're still at it, LOLOLOLOLOLOL

• Ding
    Ding

Even after promoting more false prophetic dates than anyone else I know of, they still can't resist telling us all what we should believe about Bible prophecy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit