Watchtower Sudy 12 July.the Kings of North & South (from 05/20 issue)

by BluesBrother 55 Replies latest watchtower bible

• waton
    waton

It is all about the egocentric view of the wtBtS. inc. they like everybody to have: From the study today, For centuries the rival kings "could not be identified" because

there was no WT Society before The 1870s, and conveniently there was no KotN. Prussian german empire before that period either.

Similar parochial views are repeated on WT's 'Faithful & Discreet Slave' doctrine of 1919: wherein there was no approved provider of spiritual food before that date either.

same old, song: Wt. inc, WT, ueber Alles in der Welt.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Even if one accepts the idea of a modern day fulfillment, there is a subtle but fatal flaw in the WT's reasoning with regard to Dan 11:25-26 and its application to Kaiser's Germany and WWI. I have it detailed here (off-site).

• waton
    waton

Blue Br. : You misspelled "sudy" in the title. It should be "sudsy" like froth, empty bubbles bubbling forth.

As the bard would say: " much ado about nothing"

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

@Bobcat

Read the link, great point that you make. Thank you.

Beers for Bobcat

jtg

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Thank you JTG,

I tried to also trace the use of Dan 11:25 by the Society and I added what I found to Note # 1 at the bottom of the linked post. As you might imagine, they don't comment on that verse too often. They had it in the Your Will Be Done book (1958) and next time was in the Daniel's Prophecy book (1995). What changed between those dates was the use of the NWT. The 1958 book used Leeser's translation for Hebrew citations. The book came out just before the release of the last part of the NWT (shortly before 1960, which included Daniel). The 1995 book uses the NWT exclusively and they make the same application of the verse to Aurelian (KoN) and Zenobia (KoS), but they change the interpretation in line with the change from "but" (Leeser) to "and" (NWT) in Dan 11:25. Quite curious!

The NWT uses "and" in Dan 11:25 since it first came out. But I saw no footnote explaining the reason. I don't think I have seen any other translation that uses "and." They all say "but" or something equivalent.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

@ Bobcat.

I wondered how long that translation, 'and' was there for the Hebrew word for 'but'.

I actually looked up in a copy of the old green study bible (circa 1953-1960) that my parents had and sure enough its as you stated in your above post.

I checked yesterday out of curiosity and was going to post it today!!

So, obviously it becomes more evident that the need of the NWT was to support Freddy and Co's philosophies.

I shared the information you provided including the bible hub site info ,which by the way I frequent on a daily basis, with a pimi associate and left him perplexed. His observation ...."the whole meaning is reversed to what the wt implies."

Oh well,, small steps and who knows?

jtg

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I think that the wt is trying to tell us that there are "overlapping" kings of the north and south! Anything is possible wt colored glasses on!

just saying!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Hold on.... The Dubs are still part of the OSCE, which is part of the UN. Now the GB are shitting on the UN again??? Weren’t they friends for a while??

DD 🤔

• rh3988
    rh3988

Hold on.... The Dubs are still part of the OSCE, which is part of the UN. Now the GB are shitting on the UN again??? Weren’t they friends for a while??

I've emailed the UN and the OSCE about this. I knew about the NGO situation, but I wanted an official response to show someone. I asked the UN about the NGO situation, and about the OSCE affiliation. They told me all about Watchtower's NGO status, but they said that the OSCE is a separate entity, and I'd have to email them directly regarding any information about Watchtower. So I did, and I still haven't received a response. My question went something like, "Is Watchtower currently, or has it at any time in the past, been affiliated with the OSCE?" Maybe Watchtower asked them not to discuss it.

And on a side-note, did anyone catch the gaslighting in the upcoming Watchtower lesson? It was something about how Jehovah's people didn't try to change the Russian government despite persecution. So we must have hallucinated that whole global letter writing protest campaign huh?

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

JTG good work!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit