The Program Within

by Lady Lee 42 Replies latest members private

• laylaluv
    laylaluv

When possible it would be helpful to express to JWs how we feel about the shunning practices. When I left I was under orders to not speak to any JWs that I met. Since the WTS no longer has any authority over me I speak to whom I like ? when I like. No subject is taboo for me. And I do not feel under compulsion to warn them that I was DFed although I will tell them if asked directly

LadyLee,

I do the same thing. When I see JW's around town, they usually get really uncomfortable (you can tell by their body language). I just smile and say hello and walk right by them.

Thanks for this interesting thread!!

-Laylaluv

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Didn't see you there Laylaluv

Yes the smile usually confuses them. We are supposed to be miserable missing them

• Sassy
    Sassy

Thank you for bringing this "to the top' again. I am not sure how I missed it, but am so appreciative at having the chance to read it now. I can't tell you how many things touch me and make sense to me. It's like things I feel but haven't said them out loud to understand them yet. I guess it is because I am too 'new at being out'.. but as I read things in this thread I kept thinking.. Yes.. that is how I feel.. I feel like I have more to say but I want to think about some of the things said in this thread. The first thing that pulled at me though was the trigger words. I know that they are true and I never thought about not using them, or unprogramming myself so to speak them. but it is true that you hear certain trigger words and it does bring back that mind set in some ways. Any way, I want to do more thinking about this.. Thank you for this thread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit