Someone is hurting

by donkey 54 Replies latest jw friends

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    I think that rather than debating about what happened, everyone's energies would be better spent in letting her know that she's valued and cared about and making sure she's ok.

Scully.... you said exactly what I was thinking.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Bridget. Sadenned to read this. I hope when you are healed, perhaps you will send us a little note, all is well.

This board, as any other, can become a place of pain, rather than healing, if you let it.

david

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Exactly, Scully! I know I was treading some thin ice with that post, but I think you got my point. I hope everyone else did as well.

Main priority here is our friend Bridget.

Thanks so much for your support and concern Scully, please keep in touch with me. I'm very concerned too as I just went and read her other thread.

Mike.

• Prisca
    Prisca

You know, simon, I understand your frustration with seeing people like me say that. I don't want to add to your frustration - you are gracious enough to let me post here and I appreciate that.

But there is an old corny saying: "where there is smoke there is fire". If posters feel afraid to post stuff because we am on your shitlist then there is something there:

• We have seen how other posters have "disappeared into the night".
    • We have experienced this feeling - therefore it is real to us.

You come across as seeming to think everyone wants to manipulate you or take advantage - when in truth we don't. Why do you always see the bad in me? I feel that no matter what I ever did simon - you would always dislike me and I will always have to be on guard around you! Perhaps its me - but then I should feel that way around everyone else and I don't. Perhaps I have that feeling because you are empowered....truthfully that is probably a large part of it. But you as someone who has chosen to run a board of healing needs to know that's how many of us feel. We might have inclination to that feeling....but instead of trying to reassure us you threaten us (sorry I will get off my soap box in a minute) but posters are constantly told "quit whining" or else!!

Simon, I really like you - I did from the start when we used to IM each other. Somewhere something went south...if it is from my side I want to say I am truly sorry. I want your site to succeed too - but that's why I feel it is important to give you this feedback. It would be very easy for me to say WTF and just walk away - but you have something special here - please from the bottom of my heart I implore you to look inward and see if there is something you can change - even if it is just the "perception of Simon".

Well said Donkey. I'd like to add my voice to these sentiments too.

Simon, I DON'T HATE YOU but please take a look at what people are saying, and don't judge us unfairly for daring to speak our minds.

As Donkey says, it could be very easy to just walk away and not care - but it's because we do care about this board that we are saying this.

• Simon
    Simon

Yeah ... whatever

I judge people who 'claim' to be my friends based on what they say about me. I'm sure I'm not unique in this.

Frankly, **whatever** I do on this site, someone will be unhappy so why do I worry about it?

I think a lot of the comments are not about what I have said but are more about **whatever** I happen to say. Really, look at yourselves and your reactions to my comments. If someone else had said them I doubt you'd have much complaint.

The board is 'as it is' for the audience that it's intended for. If you think it doesn't suit you, perhaps because you have 'moved on' or changed, then instead of trying to change it to still fit in with you (a bit selfish) them you either have to make allowances or go to somewhere more suitable for your needs.

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

I have been here for 2 years now, and i must say, the site is changing, and has been for quite awhile.

If I pulled threads out that were even a year-two old, I would say a good deal of them would be locked, or totally annihilated by todays standards, and that's where some of the problem lies imho. Its kind of hard to put the cat back into the bag, especially when it comes to "free" expressive speech. It seems that's what being attempted here, and I think that will be very difficult for many long time posters who were able for so long to express themselves without fear of reprucussion.

It is becoming much more controlled, that is plainly evident. This place used to be at least a R rated site for the most part, with lots of PG threads. Lately, it seems the board is being pushed towards a G-rating. Some would say this is good for the sake of "lurkers" - but to those that would say this - exactly what were any of you reading when you finally decided to stay? I know what this place was like when I started, and making it into a totally G-rated site isn't going to make the difference for any JW's that wish to poke around.

• wasasister
    wasasister
    I judge people...

Yeah, you do....

• Simon
    Simon

Jeeeeez wasa ... is that for real ?!?!

Learn to read complete sentances before opening your mouth and taking things out of context.

• wasasister
    wasasister

Never mind, Simon. Go in peace, enjoy your vacation. This is not worth the effort...

• donkey
    donkey

Thanks Simon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit