How many have left the WTS and joined another church/group?

by BLISSISIGNORANCE 62 Replies latest jw friends

• Catren
    Catren

I no longer feel that I 'should' go to a church or 'find' a religion. I used to want to try out different churches after leaving the Witnesses, to check out different churches, but I'm peacefully now no longer in the I 'have' to find a church mode. That inward pressure to belong to some church is gone. So, religion itself is no longer important to me, but spirituality is, and believing in God and in His Son Jesus is beautifully important to me. A sense of spirituality is vital to me, but the idea of having a religion is no longer a compelling thing for me. It's a relief, at least for me, not to feel that I 'must' attend a church, that I 'must' find a religion. I discovered that my dad's back yard and its fulness of nature can feel like a cathedral to me. The connection to God through all of His awesome, wonderful creations can be so fulfilling. Just watching a dragonfly is an incredible experience. Everything that is life just seems so incredible and breathtaking. I don't feel the need to join, to belong to, a church, a religion, to feel that I fully love and appreciate God and all His blessings. I don't feel self-righteous in this mindset, because a sense of spirituality to me feels so totally humbling, in a joyful way. I don't take drugs to feel this way. When I look at what I've written here, I hope I don't seem to be on a high or something! It's just that the contrast to how I felt when I was a Jehovah's Witness is 180 degrees different. It's like I really am free now. I don't face a wall or a ceiling anymore everytime I turn around. Spirituality isn't contained in or by any legalism. I don't think I want to feel religious. I don't feel a need to feel religious. Not anymore. I do have a book that was recommended to me that someday I would like to read, 'Mere Christianity', by C. S. Lewis. I want to always be open to insight from others. But not to dogma, not to rules and regulations, not to anything radical or extreme, not to anything coercive. Never again.

• RR
    RR

While some may think I went from the frying pan into the fire, I am happy where I am studying with the Bible Students. In fact I studied with them while still with the WItnesses so it was an easy transition for me and my wife. I've been meeting with them for the past 12 years and have no regrets.

RR

• ikhandi
    ikhandi

I am done with organized religion

• Happythoughts
    Happythoughts

I was never a part of the WTS. What brought me to the site was a friend of mine who is in the WTS, I wanted to do some research myself and I stumbled upon this site I have been to several different churches and have never found one that would "suit my needs". LOL I do believe that there is a higher power just not sure what/who it is. If curiosity really killed the cat then I would have been dead by now. At the time I came to this site I was considering going to a meeting with the JW's....after reading many posts I decided against it.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    I am happy where I am studying with the Bible Students. In fact I studied with them while still with the WItnesses so it was an easy transition for me and my wife. I've been meeting with them for the past 12 years and have no regrets.

This must be a very interesting experience, RR. It's certainly different from the usual lifestyle choices we read of here!

Perhaps we could take the opportunity of letting others know that the Bible Students have some excellent publications available. There's one that well describes the overthrow of the duly appointed directors ("governing body"?) of the Society by Joe Ratherflawed. Also the time of upheaval in the UK. An interesting read.

Cheers, Ozzie Visit Smiley Central!

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

My wife was raised with Jehovah's Witnesses. I met her when she was 12. We married when she was 19. I came into the Witness thing when I was 18. We spent the next 25 plus years on the JW merry-go-round. After we got off the ride in circles, we took some time to reflect ( a year so) We resigned in good standing from the JW's and became active in a local christian church. My wife and I are involved in teaching Sunday school and other church functions. We are very happy with our choice and it has been refreshing to know that there are folks involved in other religions that are not like the average JW fanatic cultist! We have decided not to get hung up on hard line veiws that we learned from the WT. We view our present church activity as a healing process and community service. Our advice is to let go of your JW past in a big way and start living. Become involved in your communtity in some way. Do not isolate yourself. Live life!

• KenUK
    KenUK

Not for me ever..

Regular worshipper at St. James Park

Ken

• pamkw
    pamkw

I joined a church at first. But since then I have had many doubts and do not go to any church. I am beginning to see that all that bible stuff is not something I need. Now I am just exploring many other beliefs and ideas. But I will never be christian again. I have had enough of that. Pam

• qua
    qua

Just put on a paper a time and place for meeting people interested in friendship instead of doctrinal-based Bible reading and fellowship. Regularly repost or leave it about, then given enough repeats at thism some of like mind will gladly meet with you. It's done all the time. Meet in a home or public place like a library study room for a no-cost startup spot.

• justhuman
    justhuman

I'm inactive JW and I started to follow the Greek Orthodox Church. It wasn't very difficult to do this. The WT was just another fake religion that know nothing what Cristianity really stands for. It was very funny to me the fact that WT accepts the Bible Canon and the Books that form the Bible and does NOT accept those who SET it. And that was the Greek Orthodox Church in Nicaia. While WT accuses the foundation of the Christian Church and does not accept the Apostolic Succesion that was established by Apostole Paul through the Holy Spirit, still WT ACCEPTS the Books of BIBLE that thery were set from those that WT accuses as APOSTATES from the True Teachings of Christ. Doesn't make sence!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit