How many have left the WTS and joined another church/group?

by BLISSISIGNORANCE 62 Replies latest jw friends

• arancia
    arancia

For the some reason that someone who declare not to be a j.w anymore,still on the borgs list.They must have a reason or need to be part of somethings .To go against the borgs and been half in is somenting I will never fully understand. So another church or group is not different from the above mentioned situation.

• avishai
    avishai

I'm an ordained minister in two "mail order"(Now online) churches, The Universal life church, www.ulc.org, & the church of spiritual humanism. http://www.spiritualhumanism.org. They don't require a belief of any sort, & still your credentials are valid. So I do weddings, I figured why let that public speaking ability go to waste, and it's a blast. I've done pagan weddings, hillbilly weddings, you name it. Check your local laws to see if you need to register your credentials or not. Get ordained, get a funky title. Put it on your checks, piss offf your dub parents.

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

As I have mentioned in several earlier threads I am mixed up with some hip nuns at a nearby convent. Totally liberal.

The Sisters of Pertual Indulgence. Gotta luv' em :-)

cheeses - who is well and truly over emoticons and believes thay are only used by insecure individuals.

• smack
    smack

Haven't, and won't. I have no need for a lame purpose in life, nothing is missing. I am as happy as I'll ever be. I did the soul searching for many years and have the answer, but I ain't telling you what it is, you have to find it yourself.

Steve

I emoticon, cos I can

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Six:

There is not a person on this entire planet that knows the slightest bit more about God than me.

That's altogether possible. I'll happily take your word on that

So why would I go to a church and listen to some man or woman act as if they had some special connection or knowledge about god?

First off, why must it be an act? Maybe some of them do have a "special connection". That doesn't negate your own "connection", but would rather augment it as you hear about the "connection" of others.

The above statement may be brash, but it is not at all arrogant.

Agreed
    Now leave my pointy head alone!!!

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

How many have left the WTS and joined another church/group?

I have thought about it for quite sometime. I still struggle with lots of "god" issues. It just seems to me that of the religions I have examined so far, each of them leaves me with a ton of questions that can't be answered. "Just have faith" isn't possible for me, I need tangible proof in this case. The proof I seek never seems to be forthcoming. I figure if there is a "god" and we all have some sort of score card, I'll be okay. Surely due to cultural and psychological factors he'd understand why some can't accept specific belief systems.

That being said, I doubt I'll ever enter another church for a religous service. Jon has been looking into an Athiest group here in Orlando, they sound slightly interesting.

• hungarian xjw
    hungarian xjw

I joined to Calvary Chapel after left Tower. Zoli

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    First off, why must it be an act? Maybe some of them do have a "special connection". That doesn't negate your own "connection", but would rather augment it as you hear about the "connection" of others.

I view it this way LT, because if some people do have a special connection, then the god that they have that connection to, is inconsistant and even cruel (as these are most certainly not the people who need this special connection!). Of course I can't prove that isn't the case, but it isn't a very nice view of god, and it isn't a necessarry logic, so I don't give it the time of day. If oth, you are saying that everyone has that connection, and can augment it by going to church, I would argue that history argues otherwise. Historically, people have gone to church to be led. By the preacher, pastor, elder, pointy hatted guy, etc. Of course this doesn't mean that now, in the year 2003, people can't go to church to augment their spirituality, but it just seems to me that church formats haven't changed that radically since their inception. I think most people who go to church believe, if only subconciously, that the guy up on the pulpit (bullys!) has a special connection to god. I'll admit however, that I don't have facts or figures to back that up, just my gut feeling. The history of churches disgust me.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Why do I go to another church?

My religious upbringing was scant and vague. My parents took me to Sunday school and when we moved to a city and visited different churches. Then Mom got a knock on the door and started studying with JW's when I was in elementary school. Dad was absolutely furious! Then we stopped celebrating holidays and had family studies. Then we went to the KH every now and then. Then Mom and Dad became baptized. I then became baptized and was pretty devout until 1991. Then my life came crashing before. That WT bubble that protected me suddenly didn't protect me anymore. I watched Christian TV and saw John Ankerberg, who had 4 ex Jehovah's Witnesses on his show (including Joan Cetnar, who does the ex JW convention in PA every year) and all those questions they had been asking were the ones I had. Then the Branch Davidian thing happened in Waco. They had all these cult experts on television, and I realized I was in a destructive cult. I was mad at God but always believed in him. Many years later I stepped foot back into a religious building for worship. And it's awesome.

• Dimples
    Dimples

I have visited a couple of churches since leaving the WTS. I don't feel the need to join any other group at this moment. Still too many mixed emotions.

Dimples

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit