Do You Think “Protestors “Should Be Able To Shut Down Bridges Highways and Hospital Emergency Areas?

by minimus 35 Replies latest jw friends

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Trump stated what the real solution is -- he just was afraid to follow through on it.

When the looting starts, the shooting starts. ~ Walter E. Headley, Miami Police Chief (1967)

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They should also have the right to accept the full consequences of their actions. Once you start disrupting critical infrastructure and traffic, you are effectively asking for war. And those doing this can accept the reality of spending time in jail if they block access to critical infrastructure in the name of protest.

There are better ways to protest. One is via online petitions, which seem to gather hundreds of thousands of signatures in a short period, if they are well founded. One can also march in places where traffic can see them, with signs protesting what they want changed. The goal is not to block traffic, but to ensure people can see the message.

Once you start interfering with traffic, and especially blocking such as freeways and hospital emergency entrances, you are dealing with stupidity. You lose effectiveness because those at the rear of such traffic jams do not see why they are blocked off. (Note that having drivers driving across all lanes of a freeway doing the speed limit is a good way to protest a stupidly low speed limit, if it comes to that--it highlights that speed limits should be raised.) Standing in the middle of the freeway, however, is a good way to get hit by cars or to be arrested for blocking traffic.

Beyond that, acts that qualify as riots are effectively acts of war. You want war? Fine, go for it. Just prepare to accept that you may lose such war, and if you are fighting for evil, your punishment should be especially severe. I hope those violently fighting to force Biden and Harris, or Pelosi, into office when Trump wins the election all face especially harsh punishments for such. You don't want Trump? Fine, don't vote him in. Vote someone else, or run yourself. If you try a coup, prepare for war. And prepare to lose said war, and prepare for harsh punishments including the death penalty when you lose.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I'm with DOC on this. When the looting starts, the shooting starts.

If these animals want to cause trouble, I say it's time to use real bullets and stop them "dead".

Maybe the rest of them will get the message.

• frozen2018
    frozen2018

When the looting starts, the shooting starts

Really? It's just stuff and those stores have insurance. Think of it as a form of reparations....at least that is what I have been hearing.

I admit freely, one benefit of looting is the hilarious videos of looters having their loot being "stolen" by other looters. There have been absolute brawls over a pair of looted Nike shoes.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Really? It's just stuff and those stores have insurance.

Really? WTF do you think pays the insurance premiums? YOU AND ME!

That's like saying anything from the Government is FREE. NO IT ISN'T! Other people have to pay taxes so the Gov't can give free shit to others.

• minimus
    minimus

I think frozen was just reporting what other say?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit