Do You Think “Protestors “Should Be Able To Shut Down Bridges Highways and Hospital Emergency Areas?

by minimus 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Justaguynamedmorph
    Justaguynamedmorph
    or forming a blockade so that you cannot move.

And that, my dear little red dot, is where you are very, very wrong.

• frozen2018
    frozen2018

No, that should not happen. But I'm a white baby boomer and male so my opinion is not relevant.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Just wondering...AFAIK some in the USA are strong proponents of the right to bear arms. One of their arguments is that one day they might need these weapons to rise up against an oppressive (or otherwise dangerous?) regime.

I take it in such a situation they would find the use of intentional deadly force against (perceived loyalist) government agents (police, military) justified and well within their rights.

Not at all saying the current regime in the USA is oppressive, I'm wondering about where the boundaries are.

What methods are justified to protest in which kinds of situations?

Armed revolt isn't off the table per se.

What about lesser forms of violence?Blocking a road? Etc.

Again, I'm not endorsing any side or agreeing with current protests...I'm just wondering.

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

No, and if they do they should be arrested.

• Simon
    Simon

They shouldn't be allowed to block roads ever anywhere, other than for a pre-arranged event (like a road-race or something).

Protest on some wasteland or property you own. The public right of way is for the right of way of the public.

• minimus
    minimus

Justaguy, how am I very very wrong???

• minimus
    minimus

Simon I agree blocking roads just to demonstrate is very wrong. These people just keep pushing the envelope.

• Justaguynamedmorph
    Justaguynamedmorph

You said “forming a blockade so that you cannot move”

I assure you no human blockade will prevent a car or truck from moving.

• minimus
    minimus

I think the point is pretty simple I have seen them go around vehicles and prevent them from moving. Most drivers do not want to run them over for obvious reasons

• Justaguynamedmorph
    Justaguynamedmorph

Oh you may CHOOSE not to run them over but the mere fact that they decide to try and prevent your vehicle from moving will not in any way prevent it from moving should you decide to move.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit