meeting with elders about WT involvement in UN

by LevelThePlayingField 82 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes you just experienced a "reality check" as many of us have done over the years

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

A famous quote was said by Aldous Huxley :

" facts do not cease to exist just because they are ignored "

In watchtower land, that is not true Sadly!

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

He said that now a days, even people who point to articles like a 1972 WT or something is, No we don't even consider that anymore. He said that anything we need is online, meaning the Watchtower on line library from 2000 onward, and the WT library CD ROM is being outdated.

https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/51ryuh/older_books_1999_our_kingdom_ministry_january/

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

Right on berrygerry.

So's whose the apostate now?

• Tallon
    Tallon

You keep hearing the elder say, "this is apostate!" again and again, and it really sinks in. In essence he was calling me an apostate simply for finding a news article critical of JW's. .... LTPF

By responding with 'this is apostate' without even considering the article proves to me that that elder had no answer and lost his case. Only option available to him is being the aggressor and using his 'power and position' against you.

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

Tallon, you said it correctly. You are so right about that. Since when does a news article automatically get called apostate just because it points to something you don't like or says that the org did something that is bad?

It just goes to show that they are really brainwashed. No wonder with all the child sex abuse cases that come up that the elders simply don't believe the accused. They think, "never could elder so and so do such a thing". And they sweep it under the rug because of not have two witnesses to the act. As if there really would ever be.

Every time I think I' fully awake, I keep waking up more and more.

• Island Man
    Island Man
    "Every time I think I' fully awake, I keep waking up more and more."

The organization exhibits a surreal, dizzying level of hypocrisy. You see them printing clearly in their literature that 'X, Y and Z is wrong. The pharisees did X, Y and Z.' Then you do research and discover that the organization does X, Y and Z, and you think to yourself: 'But wait a minute ... how could ... didn't they say ... what?!!' Then you bring it up with elders and its like you suddenly wake up to the realization that you're living in a twilight zone masquerading as reality, and the elders are there to prevent you from unmasking the twilight zone to others. They're pretending to be pure and righteous but they're really deceitful hypocrites who are afraid to be confronted with the truth of their error and hypocrisy. It's a very infuriating and frustrating experience.

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

Wow, Island Man, I see you've been here before. That's pretty much how I was feeling in the meeting with them. I would love to have just laid it on the line but I would have been before a judicial committee if I did. Or DF'd if I didn't show up for it for sure. These elders simply only care about supporting the latest teaching from the slave and that's about it. They don't care about truth. They are, in my opinion, worse than the Catholic church. At least the Catholic's actually apologize for stuff. You never get that from the WT.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, the sad reality is that it is NOT the actual issue we discover, but it is the very fact that one dares to share anything NEGATIVE about the society...NO MATTER IF IT IS TRUE OR NOT!

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

I had a meeting with the elders that went much the same way.

Addressed absolutely none of my concerns, answered no questions and refused to even look at information I tried to present them. One elder turned over a paper I handed him and refused to even look at it, sighting possible apostate sources as the cause for his hysterical reaction to the a4 page.

I was warned not be critical of Gods org (I was suggesting that 607-1914 was in error), and given numerous WT articles that dealt with doubts and being critical of the Org.

The whole meeting played out exactly like many on this site said it would, the same way these visits always do. I was asked if I still believed that Jehovah is directing the org and using the slave as his channel on earth today.

I replied, "Yes, of course I do". Bold faced lie. That meeting was the nail in the coffin. They confirmed that they were all batshit crazy and I left.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit